chapter 49

Becca's pov

I had never seen my daddy look so dark at me, he ran upstairs, leaving Sam on the floor unconscious.

Was it the end? did I lose my father just like that?
Mother had ruined our lives if only she knew.

" Rabbecca, she is waking up," nanny Dorothy, informed me.

" Samantha are you ok?" I asked, sitting next to her.

" Tell me all mother said was just a dream, it didn't happen," she cried, trying to catch her breath.

" It's not a dream," I spoke, between my sob," it's true,"

Tears dropped from her eyes, making me feel bad.

" We have to go and check on her," I suggested.

" Never," she declined," if Jaden is not my father, she is not also my mother, she can die in prison for all I care,"

" Sam don't say that," I pulled her in an embrace.

.................

Dorothy's pov.....

The next day...

" Are you telling me the truth?" Maria one of the house helpers asked," Ms. Samantha and Ms. Rabbecca are not sir Jaden's daughters?"

" I couldn't believe it as well," Monica added.

" Anyways, It's good, she is just paying for what she did to Ms. Eva," Maria scoffed.

" I know right, see how things change," Monica added and they laughed.

" Gossiping early in the morning," I spoke and they both turned to me frightened.

" Good morning nanny Dorothy," they greeted me.

" Is Jaden's breakfast ready?" I asked, staring at Monica, who was the house chef.

" Yes it is," she handed me a tray, that had his coffee and bread.

" I doubt if he is going to eat," she spoke," he hasn't eaten anything since yesterday,"

" He will don't worry," I assured her, before walking away.

" Good morning?" I greeted Jaden, who was lying on the bed, looking so weak.

" Morning Dorothy," he greeted as I was putting the tray on the table.

" Breakfast is ready," I announced, before sitting on the chair.

" Have Sam and Becca left?" He asked as he sat up.

" Yes, they did," I answered sighing," I know you're upset with Natasha but they are innocent, be fair to them,"

" They are not my children, so why should they be here? Moreover, they are married, they have their homes," he answered, getting his cup of coffee.

" Do you still miss Eva?" I asked in a whisper-like voice but louder.

" Are you kidding me?" He laughed putting his cup back, after taking a sip," she is the only daughter I have. She might not be my biological daughter, but I love her,"

" I will be going to the Copperbelt today and will probably be back tomorrow," I informed him.

" I'll understand if you don't want to stay here anymore, you don't have to force it,"

" It's not like that Jaden, I just have to go and do something, I will be back," I stood up and he nodded.

" Thank you," he shouted as I was about to leave," in these days that I need someone, you are there,"