chapter 51

Eva's POV.....

We arrived at the Kangwa mansion, after traveling for 7 hours from kitwe.
We took off earlier, so we arrived at early mid-day.

I was excited to see daddy, it had been close to two years, since the last time I saw him, I couldn't wait.
I didn't know how I would react when I saw him, was I going to scream or jump, no that would be too much.
Moreover, he was still trying to come to terms with the Natasha incident, so jumping or screaming would be too much.

Immediately we entered, we met the workers, who were very pleased to see me.

" Ms. Eva, am so happy to see you," Monica the house chef said, jumping in joy," I will prepare your favorite meal,"

" I missed you so much am excited to see you," Maria hugged me.

" We thought we would never see you again," Oscar announced and they all seconded what he said.

" I don't even know what to say, you people have shown me so much love, I feel special," I giggled.

" You are very special," ba Jane, the head maid, told me and they all agreed, making me blush.

" Eva?" Daddy who was coming downstairs, called, looking so astonished.

" Daddy!" I shouted and ran to hug him.

" Where have you been?" He asked pulling off to look at my face," you promised to come home,"

" I am here," I smiled and he pulled me in the embrace again.

" Dorothy, you brought my princess back," he praised her, holding me to his side.

" She has come back at the right time," nana smiled.

" Daddy, I heard what happened with Natasha, am so sorry, I am sure you're very hate," I sympathized.

" It's all in the past," he smiled, trying so hard to hide his pain.

One thing about daddy was that he wasn't good at hiding his feelings, I could read on his face that what Natasha did to him had hated him so much, he just didn't have who to tell.

'' you are here, that has brought me so much joy," he hugged me tightly.

" What do you want to eat, I will prepare it," I asked him as he sat down.

" Your cooking is bad Eva or have you forgotten," he criticized, making nana laugh.

" I have become good," I defended myself," Nana came to testify,"

" Nana?" He asked, surprised because that was what he called his grandma.

" Nanny Dorothy's daughter, mum Mercy, adopted me, so Nanny Dorothy is now my grandma," I explained.

" Daughter?" I guess I wasn't the only one who didn't know about her daughter.

" We have so much to talk about," I laughed, looking at his confused face.

" Eva!" Grandma Maria and grandma Gloria, who had just run in, called.

" It's a miracle," grandma Gloria who was hugging me, spoke," How are you, my dear?"

Grandma Maria showing those gestures wasn't something that surprised me, she was that way and would always be excited to see me.
But grandma Gloria on the other hand, all that was so new, I was used to her showing no remorse at all.
She was the strict type, that wouldn't laugh easily.

" Am fine," I answered, staring at Nana, who looked surprised as well.

" Jaden," she pulled me to daddy, who was now standing," I have found your daughter,"

" Mother," he rolled his eyes annoyed.

" Jaden just listen!" she shouted.

" Mother I have got no time for drama," he said, glaring at her with annoyance.

" No Jaden, listen to your mother," grandma Maria, added.

" Jaden, Eva is your daughter, not your adopted daughter, but your biological daughter," she informed, losing us.

" How is that possible?" Daddy asked.

" She is the child Mercy conceived," she informed.

" Mercy gave birth at my hospital after she was in an accident, but due to reasons she came best explain, she left her there and ran away.
Two years later, you adopted her that was how she found herself in your house her father's house," grandma Maria explained.

Her story was so different from what nana told me, Jaden's daughters? How was that even possible? She told me my father raped my mother and ran away.
Mercy, that is mum's name, maybe she was talking about another Mercy.

" All that doesn't make sense," he refused to believe anything they were saying.

" Jaden they are saying the truth," Nana supported.

Even her? What was going on?

" Mercy is my daughter, she told me everything and all that Maria is telling you is true, Eva is your daughter the one Mercy gave birth to,"

'' nana?" I looked at her disappointed.

" Eva, am sorry I lied to you, but Mercy is your biological Mother and Jaden is your father.
I told you the rape story because Mercy insisted it wasn't the right time for her to tell you anything.
She is your mother, who was I to go against her," she explained.

" They had an affair very long time ago when Mercy was working for me.
I couldn't allow my son to marry a maid, so I did everything in my powers,  to break their relationship which I did.
But in the process, Mercy was already pregnant.
when she came back 7 months later to tell me about it, I chased her away.
That was how she met Maria in an accident and gave birth to you.
I guess due to hardships of life, she left you there," Grandma Gloria explained.

" You are lying!'' I shouted and ran out.

You are adopted,
I was told,
your mother left you at the hospital,
I was told again.
What was there to believe now? Jaden is my father and the woman who took me in as an adopted daughter, is my mother? All that was just too hard to digest.
This was supposed to be good news, but the fact that it came with so many lies, hate myself a lot.

" Eva!" I heard daddy shout, as I ran out of the gate.

" Please stop!" I couldn't tell whose voice it was, but they called out.

I heard a car hooting and as I was trying to move it hit me.

Thanks for reading.....

So Eva now knows the truth, how will she take it?
Do you think she will forgive her mother?
Please comment.
Don't forget to remark and share.....