chapter 52

Eva's POV ......

The idea of running away was now proving to be a bad idea because every time I did it, it would become a threat to my life.

I opened my eyes and my sight was a little blurry at first, but after much focus, it was finally clear.

" Should we give her pain killers?'' the nurse asked, Dr. Louis, who was writing on the doctor's card.

" No, let her wake up first, then we can know if she needs some more," he answered, fixing his eyes on the card.

" Uncle Louis?" I called, drawing their attention.

" Eva, you awake?" He exclaimed," call the family," He told the nurse and she ran out.

" How are you feeling?" He asked holding my forehead, to feel my temperature.

" Am just feeling pain at the back of my head," I complained, trying to sit up, but he stopped me.

" No Eva, lie back down, you can't get up," he helped me lie back.

" Eva?" Daddy and nana, who had just walked in, called.

" How are you feeling my dear?" Nana asked, but I ignored her, not sparing her a glance.

" Why did you run off like that? Look at what has happened to you?" Daddy complained, sitting next to me.

" Am sorry daddy, I was just upset," I defended myself fixing my gaze on him.

" Promise me it will never happen again,"

" I will try," I stared away.

" Eva?"
" Fine, I won't do it again," I promised and he smiled.

" Doctor, how is she?" Nana turned to Dr. Louis.

" Well, after observing her, I guess she is better, the only part still affected, is the head, due to some Injuries," he updated.

" She will be ok right?" She asked worriedly.

" Yes, in a few days," he promised.

" Do you want to eat something?"She turned to look at me.

" Daddy, please ask her to leave, please," I ignored her and fixed my gaze at daddy.

" My darling?" He tried to talk me out of it, but I insisted.

" Please daddy, please!'' I begged, trying not to cry.

" I will leave," she stood up and walked out.

" I will be in my office if you need me," Dr. Louis said and left as well.

" Even your favorite person?" He teased, immediately uncle Louis walked out.

" let's not start with that," I cried sitting up, with his help," you took a DNA test?"

" affirmative, here are the results," he handed me the paper.

I confirmed everything they told me, I was his daughter, I couldn't help but shed tears as it was an emotional time for me, for two years in my life, I worried I would never have parents or a family, but they were around me.
Being my father's child is the best thing life could ever give me, the man I lived to cherish, was my biological father, curse Natasha for making me believe he wasn't.

" am sorry you had to share my love with others, you are my only daughter, therefore you needed to enjoy all privilege alone, but you had to share," he confessed watching me.

" Are you kidding me, you have given me the best life any father would give to their daughter, am the best business person as nominated by the International business committee because I learned from the best,'' tears dripped down my cheeks," I love you, daddy,"

" I love you too my darling," he pulled me in an embrace.

******************

After check-ups the doctor confirmed I was better, they discharged me the next day and we went home.
So many people were waiting for me, some of which only started to care about me after learning I was the only hope for GAI, people like grandma Gloria and some of daddy's relatives.

I was going to meet mum, a woman that left me behind to die, what excuse could justify a mother that would abandon her baby at the hospital.

" Welcome home my dear," grandma Gloria hugged me as I was in my wheelchair.

" let's not act all friendly with each other, when you have caused so many things to go wrong," I scowled at her.

" Eva," daddy stopped me.

" Alex please take me to my room,'' I demanded and he drove me to my room, passing mum, nana, grandma Gloria, daddy's cousins, and friends.

30 minutes later, I settled in my room and was now in my room.
Mum and Nana walked in immediately.

" call me when you get here," I told Evans, who I was speaking to on a phone call.

" I will my love," he said before hanging up.

" I don't want to talk to any of you," I said not sparing them a glimpse.

They ignored my voice and sat on the bed.

" you did it again nana," tears began to fall from my eyes upon looking at her," am not upset with you but mum, am disappointed with you,"

" it's not her fault, I pleaded with her not to say a word, I wanted to break the news to you myself, but no matter how much I tried to gather vigor, I failed.
I didn't want to lose you again," mum confessed tears tumbling down her cheeks.

" you left me to die," I reminded her.

" I don't want to justify anything I did because if I do, It will mean I don't regret it, Eva am sorry, I have made you grow up in the hands of Natasha an awful stepmother,"

'' at least she was there for me," I defended.

" give me a chance to be a mother I never was," she held my hand.

She was a terrible soul, she left me alone when I needed her, but I couldn't withstand the fact that she was my mother.
The two years I had stayed with her were extraordinary. Nana was a mother to me growing up, but mum was different, the way I connected with her, I had never felt that before and I wasn't going to let my selfishness, make me lose such love.

As I was still lost in my reflection, they both hugged me.

" Eva!" Grandma Gloria's voice made us turn to gawk at her as she was standing by the door," all this is my fault, if only I wasn't selfish and focused on my son's happiness, non of this would have happened, please forgive me, you two Natasha,"

" come here," I called her and she walked to my bed.
I hugged her and she returned my hug.

" We have all done several nasty things, but God still forgave us, so who am I not to,'' I grinned.

" thank you," she returned my smile.

" it's fine madam, I forgave you a long time," mum told her and she smiled.

" thank you," she mumbled, " and please call me mother, I will not have my granddaughter's mother address me so formally,"

" I will," she nodded.

" emotional right Dorothy?" Daddy who had just walked in asked.

" very much," nana who was wiping her tears agreed.

" madam Eva, he is here," Maria reported..........

Thanks for flipping through don't forget to vote and comment.