chapter 35

Eva's POV or Vanessa's

" Welcome to our house Vanessa," Grace and Gideon, told me as they opened the front door.

'' it's not a mansion but it's beautiful," grace finished as We entered the living room.

It had a beautiful Mabel floor in white, with beautiful, navy blue, leather sofas.
The place was an art gallery.
It had paintings and statues beautifully done.

Green was the dominant color, the curtains, and the ceiling all had a touch of it.

'' This place is amazing," I mumbled, but louder.

" Thank you," Mirriam who was standing beside me answered.

A woman in a wheelchair was pushed in. She was old, though not that old, probably in her 60s.
She was been pushed by a beautiful lady, probably Natasha's (mother) age or younger, she was in a white dress and from the look of its design, it was a nurse's uniform, so I guessed she was a nurse.
Her smile after seeing us was very beautiful and attractive.

" Is this her?" The old woman asked.

" Yes mother, it is her," Mirriam answered.

" Come here," she called me and I walked toward her.

I squatted so that I could reach her.

'' my name is Mwelya, but they call me grandma, Mrs. Lweendo or mother, you can call me any of those," she made me smile," you are very beautiful and you are going to make a beautiful wife for my grandson,"

Grandson? Please...
Me with love, we are done, the last time I loved a man, he impregnate my sister, so please spare me the drama.

" Mother," Mirriam cried uncomfortable, making Grace and Gideon laugh.

" What, am just stating a fact," she made everyone laugh.

" And am nurse Mercy," the beautiful nurse introduced herself," am the family nurse,"

" Am Vanessa, right Grace?" I stood up.

" Yes, she is," she bragged,'' I named her that,''

" I give names," grandma mwelya complained.

" She is my victim, I give her the name," Grace stated, holding my hand.

" Are you going to allow vee to rest, or she will keep listening to your argument?" Gideon asked, sitting on the couch.

"  You heard the man," nurse Mercy seconded.

" Come on, I will show you to your room," Grace pulled me to follow her.

*********

My new room was small, and it had colors I wasn't pleased with.
It wasn't just the living room, but the whole house was a green ground.
It was self-contained, which I liked, but it wasn't as spacious as my room back at Kangwa mansion.

There was no portrait of me anywhere and it looked like a motel, plain and boring.
The fact that there was no white, made it worse.

This was my new life, boring and simple.
I wished I had learned it earlier, I wouldn't have found it difficult to bend in.
Eva was rich and famous, but Vanessa was to live a different life, medium, not famous, and a lier.

" You like it?" She asked glancing from the room to me," they had to keep its plan so that you design it as you like,"

" It's nice," I smiled, "thank you, you and your family have done so much, risking, it all and taking me in despite being a stranger,"

" If it wasn't for me, you would be with your family right now, so take this as an apology,"

" Ok," I nodded.

" I will leave you to get comfortable," she told me and walked out," see you later,"

I lay on the bed, facing the green ceiling, and took a deep breath.
I can do this.

********

" You didn't tell me she is beautiful?" The man I was seeing for the first time, spoke as I reached the dining room.

" My bad," Grace hit her forehead.

" This is my husband Mr. Lweendo," Mirriam introduced me as I was now seated.

" They named you Vanessa?" He asked and I nodded.

" Yes,"

" Not they dad, I named her," Grace spoke.

" Not bad right mother," he turned to grandma.

" Yes, for a beginner,"

" My dear, I apologize for my daughter's careless driving, look where it has landed you, away from your home and family," his apologetic face, made me feel so guilty.

" It's fine, the important thing is that am alive," I smiled and he nodded.

" Nevertheless, you are welcome to our house, feel free, we are now your family.
In case you need anything, we are here for you," he made me comfortable.

" Thank you," I said and he nodded.

" You eat now dear," Mirriam told me, putting a lamp of nshima on my plate.

" Thank you," I smiled and she returned my smile.

Me with strangers, that was unlike me, but I realized, I had been living with strangers all my life, so why not give another group of strangers a chance.
Moreover, I was the stranger, I was the one who didn't know who I was, and I didn't have a family or a name.
In Lusaka as a Kangwa, I was Eva and in kitwe, I was Vanessa, what a confused soul.
Maybe life brought me on that path, to answer some questions, like who my biological parents were and where I belonged to.

Done for today...

Guys, we now have a Vanessa in buibui🥳🥳...
What do you think of this twist?
I don't know much about the memory loss thing, so pardon me.
Nevertheless, let's share ideas, follow me on Instagram moriah Moyo write, and on Facebook Mori Moyo.
Please vote...