prologue

" Madam please don't do this to me, I don't have where to go," Mercy pleaded, as Gloria, her boss, pushed her out.

" I don't ever want to see you in my house again," she threatened after they had finally reached outside.

" If not for me, do it for your grandchildren," she cried, holding her pregnant belly.

Gloria moved close to her, leaving no distance between them, and squeezed her hand, to cause her pain.

" Ouch!" Mercy cried, trying to pull out but the more she did that, the more the hold was tightened.

" Listen and listen clear, that thing inside you doesn't belong to my son, so don't you dare call it my grandchildren," she warned and pushed her to the ground," if you ever show your face in this house again, I will kill you, I promise you this,"

" Madam Gloria....,"
" Oscar!" She shouted and he came running upon hearing her voice.

" Madam, you called?" He asked bowing his head.

" Get this thing out of my house," she instructed, pointing at Mercy, who was still on the floor, crying painfully," and Make sure she never shows her face here again or you will lose your job,"

" Yes ma'am," he answered, "Mercy get up!"

*********.....

What would become of her life, remained unknown to her, she was carrying a 7months pregnancy of a man who had vanished before he could find out he was going to be a father.
Chased away by the mother of the man who was the father of her unborn child.

She couldn't go back to kitwe, her hometown, what was her mother going to say? she lost her father when she was just a little girl, they lost all their property to her father's relatives and remained homeless and hopeless.
To try and find a better life, she ran away from home and ended up as a maid in the Kangwa mansion.
She stole the heart of the only son of the Kangwas, but the Parents could not agree to their relationship, so they sent their son to the USA and got rid of Mercy, despite knowing she was carrying their son's child.

As mercy was trying to cross the road, she was hit by a car that was coming in front of her and she fell unconscious.....

******.....

" Where am I ?" Mercy who just opened her eyes asked, trying to sit up, but the pain in her lower abdomen could not enable her.

" Finally you are awake, I was worried sick," the doctor told her, smiling to her face.

" Who are you?" She whispered, glancing around.

" Am doctor Maria and you are at the hospital," she introduced and informed me.

" Hospital?" She exclaimed, holding her belly," what happened to my baby?"

" Your baby is fine, she is in the incubator, since she was born prematurely," Dr. Maria explained.

" What happened to me?" Mercy could not run out of questions.

" I accidentally hit you with my car, and you fail unconscious, I then rushed you here.
You were losing a lot of blood and the baby's life was in danger, so we carried out a surgery to save the both of you,"

" It's a girl?" She asked dropping tears.

" Yes, a girl,"

********

Mercy had stayed with her baby at the hospital for three months till she was fit.
The hospital bills were paid by doctor Maria after mercy had told her everything that happened to her.

The night before her discharge, she walked into her baby's room.

" Hi, little angel?" She greeted the baby who was sleeping peacefully.

" My dear, I love you so much and I will always love you, always know that.
My financial state doesn't allow me to take you with me right now, that is why I am going to leave you behind, someone will adopt you and take good care of you.
I pray that you will find it in your heart to forgive me when you learn the truth,"

And she left.

*******

"Dr. Maria, there is a problem," nurse Mabel said immediately she entered the doctor's office.

" What happened?" She asked curiously.

" I can't find mercy anywhere," Nurse Mabel reported.

" Did anybody discharge her?"
" I don't think so, her baby is still there,"

" Maybe, she went out, let's wait," Dr. Maria concluded and nurse Mabel nodded.

******

" Doctor, it's been a month now, since mercy ran away, what will happen to the baby?" Nurse Mabel asked, looking in the eyes of the baby she was carrying.

" The hospital will take care of her and if anybody wants to adopt her, well and good," Dr. Maria advised.

That's it for the prologue, hope you enjoyed it.
Don't forget to comment and vote...