chapter 39

Sam's POV.....

I couldn't even enjoy my honeymoon, because of duty calls at GAI.
Being CEO wasn't something easy, it was working after work and it was getting annoying.

"  Welcome back madam, I hope you enjoyed your honeymoon," Sandra asked, following me to my office.

" How can I? When you have failed to run things around, so disappointing," I rolled my eyes, opening my door.

" Things just didn't go as planned," she mumbled, making me glare at her.

Immediately I sat down, she handed me the files on the reports for the past two days I had been away.

" Why does this Only show canceled investments?" I looked up at her shocked.

" Because apart from paying out our policies, the other activities that have been happening are companies canceling investments from our company," she crossed her arms.

" Why didn't you stop them?"

" Seriously Sam...I mean madam, how in the world can I do that, GAI had been going down, we should even thank God for big countries like South Africa and the United States of America that are still holding on," she sighed.

" That is why you are now the marketing manager, you are supposed to find solutions to such problems, unlike you standing there and telling me about the countries that are still holding on," I said grumpily.

" You surprise me, Sam, things are not well, instead of us finding situations together, you blamed me?" She laughed.

" Who am I supposed to blame?" I fix a stare.

" If not for the respect I have for Mr. Kangwa and the love I have for GAI, I would have resigned the second Eva left because having you as the CEO, Is hell," she had the guts to say to me,'' you have failed Sam, just give up,"
And she walked out.

How dare she say that to me, I am Samantha. J.K. Bwalya, I never fire.
I would have gotten rid of that stupid bitch, but she knew I needed her and no matter how disrespectful she could be, I wouldn't fired her.

" Samantha? You are back from your honeymoon?" Mother asked as I entered the living room.

" Work called me back," I rolled my eyes, sitting down.

" That was the purpose of the honeymoon, for you to rest," she sat next to me.

" My husband thought, it wasn't a good idea to leave the company for that long," I maintained my stare at her.

" Where is he?"
" At GAI," I answered proudly.

" You have to convince your father to change his Will Sam, Eva's name still shows her as a part-owner of GAI," mother worried.

" Isn't she died?" I turned to look at the maid, who was putting a glass of juice on the table.

" Her body was never found, we can't be too sure," she protected.

" Well if she ever shows her face, I will kill her personally," I promised.

" Just make sure Jaden changes that will, anything can come up," she convinced and I nodded.

********

Six months later...

Eva's POV

Six months had passed since so much had changed, since Chris broke my heart and married Becca since I started loving Evans more than before, and I became a better person.

" You are going out?" Aunt Mercy asked.

I was still staying with her because everyone thought I was safer at her house than alone.

" Yes, Evans is taking me out," I smiled.

" You look beautiful," she complimented, making me blush.

" Thank you," I answered shyly.

I was wearing a white long-sleeved dress, that was tight.
It was open behind and had a little slit in front.
I had tied my hair in a ponytail and put on simple make-up.
I had put on black sandals, just as Sam liked them, black and white combined.
I carried a snow-white purse, that was whiter than my dress.

" Vee? I think you should tell Evans the truth, tell everyone the truth," she suggested," it has been way too long, let them accept you for you, not the person you have become,"

Aunt Mercy had known the truth, the day I found out about Chris' wedding.
I cried that night and she became worried and concerned, so I told her everything.
She promised not to say anything until I was ready to open up.

" I don't want to be the person I was. I love the person I have become. It hates to be Eva than Vanessa's aunt Mercy," I cried, sitting down," what if they hate me and Evans even dumps me? I can't take the risk,"

" It's better you are persecuted telling the truth, than living a lie. Don't you think hearing it from you than someone else would be better? How long do you think all this will go on? Someone one day will recognize you, that will blow your cover, including that innocent doctor. Think about it, if not the whole family, at least, you can tell Evans," she convinced and I nodded.

" I will try," and I walked away.

" Good luck,"

" I will need it,'' I said before closing the door.

******

" Babe are you ok, you have been looking down since we came here, don't you like the place," Evans asked, holding my hand.

'' no, the place is ok, am just,"
I stopped after looking into his scary stare.

" What? Please tell me,"

" Can we talk, but away from this place?" I asked, glancing away.

" Yes sure," he answered standing up.

We went outside near the pool and sat.

" What's up, talk to me,"

" Evans, am sorry," I whispered," I lied,"

The look he was giving me made me continue.

I know you hate liars but you have to forgive me.

" I regained my memory along time, like a week after we left the hospital, I knew who I was, but I just couldn't go back...I needed a way to go away from my past life and this was the best way I could do it, am sorry,"

He wasn't saying anything, but his disappointed look spoke everything.
I need him to say something, even shout at me.

" Please say something," I spoke again.

" What do you want me to say?" He asked in a disappointed whisper.

" Evans....,"
" Don't touch me," he pulled out.

" I didn't mean to hate you, I was selfish, please forgive me," I cried as he was standing to go away.

" Forgive you?" He laughed a bit," my sister is fighting the guilty of keeping a person from her family all this while, not knowing the person was playing with all of us," he expressed disappointment and walked away.

" Evans am sorry!'' I shouted as I watched him walk away.
That was what I avoided, losing him, I knew he wouldn't take it well.
Evans wasn't the easy type when it came to his emotions and family, unfortunately,  I had hated both, shame on me.

Thanks for reading don't forget to comment and vote.....