𝑓𝑖𝑓𝑡𝑦-𝑡𝑤𝑜 | 𝑊ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑤𝑎𝑠 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡?

Start from the beginning

I'll put it this way, exactly as if we had been here all the time. Nothing special, except that Max is now in the finals of the hockey match and about to win, as well. And Joshua is dating this Eyna.

"He's getting a girlfriend?" Quinn said, shocked. "Why are you so surprised?" it came from Joshua also slightly confusing. "Woah chill, I just thought you'd die alone, you know, who would date you? Is she blind?"

"Quinn," her mother admonished, I could barely hold back a laugh. "What? You thought he wouldn't find one until he was 30."

"Mom." He looked at her indignantly. "Don't interfere, that's something else." how I love this family. "We're here." Araya stopped in front of my house. "Joshua, help her with the suitcase." "No, everything's fine, really." I got out and saw the dark clouds in the sky.

I quickly got my suitcase out and went back to the window. "Drive carefully." "Of course, take care and tell your mother to text me." I nodded to Araya and said goodbye as I walked towards to my house.

It was really dark, and you notice that it was about to rain. I hope mom and Theo get home safely. At home, I immediately lay down on the couch that looked unmoved.

I took out my phone and texted my mother that I was home, she also informed me that she was taking an extra shift and therefore did not intend to be there before 2 a.m.

I hope she's not overexerting herself. The last time, she had to stay at home for two days because of pain. But she also wrote that Theo picks up Max from the Montgomery's later.

That means I'm all the storm that's slowly beginning alone. I can hear the strong wind whistling through the windows. Fuck, I thought I had Max, I would have gone to Quinn, but that's too late because when I look out the window it's raining heavily.

My phone rang briefly because I got another message.

Mason:
Can you call me?

Doesn't sound bad after the fear. Distraction is good. So I pressed the call button and heard the phone ring. A few seconds later, Mason answered.

"What's up?" "I wanted to talk about something." he sounds serious. His voice is hoarse but rough. "Did something happen?"

"No, everything is fine, but it's about Ares." I rolled my eyes. Even before the flight, Ares annoyed me that I should believe him. Did he pay Mason to quote him or what?

"If it's about the Ashley thing, then I already know everything." "No, you don't know. She lied to you, Aurora. She was there when Ares came out of the shower, she sent you the message, Ares don't lie to you."

"Did he pay you to say that?" "He didn't, he hardly has something in his pocket, but I think you deserve the truth." or he wants to talk his friend into good terms.

"Can I trust you? Not that it's another plan." I have a big trust in Mason, but not as much as I did before that thing with Kirian. "I would never lie to you again, really."

"Well, that's how it is." although I can imagine Ashley sleeping with Ares specifically make me mad, although there's no real reason. I've never shown any signs of liking him. Never.

"What else are you up to? Do you want to do something?" I jumped slightly when I heard the storm outside. "No, well, yes, but not today. I think I stay at home. I have to hang up, my mom needs me right now." it came from me like from a waterfall.

I hung up without letting Mason say anything. Man, this can't be true, I'm home alone, and I'm more scared than I should be. I thought I would be better than this and my fear was gone.

I got off the couch and walked to my room, grabbed my headphones, and put them in my ears with very loud music, so I couldn't hear anything. I held a book in my hand and started to read. I hope it will be over soon.