12

My eyes dart back and forth between the two men who now seem to loom over me, I did not want to drag them into my mess with the Rossi's, but they already seem to know who they are so maybe they could be of some help.

I nervously bite at my lips before double checking we were speaking of the same people, "Luca and Nico Rossi?"

My utterance of their names seems to be all the confirmation the men need as they both react. Sebastian lets out a heavy sigh, pulling his hand down his face and a heavy frown settles on Gabriel's face.

"Let's take this up to my office." Gabriel sharply says.

The elevator ride up is tense and silent. Reaching the top floor where his office resides, Gabriel orders his secretary to clear his schedule as we pass him on our way in. I step inside, taking in the sleek furniture and glass wall overlooking the city, a click of the door being closed has me turning around. Sebastian is seated stiffly on a chair in the corner and Gabriel is standing in front of the now closed door. He gestures for me to sit down and I do in the nearest chair. My anxiousness at how tense the two are has me sitting on the edge of the chair as I wring my hands in my lap.

Gabriel, still taking charge, speaks up first, "How exactly do you know Luca and Nico?"

Startled by how curt his tone is all I can do is blink up at him for a moment.

"Arabella, how do you know them?" Gabriel repeats in a quieter voice, the lower tone has me shrinking back in my seat as there's a new edge to it I have not heard from him before.

"I-I met them when I caught Leo after he ran out into the road" I finally get out.

"He was the kid you pulled out of the way of the truck?" Sebastian says leaning forward in his chair. His eyes search me, his gaze not as cold as Gabriel's is right now, but he's still suspicious, suspicious of what exactly? I don't know.

I nod my head confirming that he was the very same.

Gabriel walks closer to me, he towers over me and I push myself so my back is flush against the chair. He looks down on me and his eyes are scathing in their search.

"Who do you work for?"

The question has me confused, "You?"

A bitter laugh comes out of Gabriel at my response, he shakes his head before leaning in. His hands grip each arm of the chair I'm sitting in tight enough for the whiteness of his knuckles to push through. Looking up I find myself inches away from his face, donning a stony look on his face he asks, "I really hate games, so let's not make this into one. Who do you really work for?"

I slide down a little in my seat, his stance has me realizing how much larger he is than me and  fear creeps up my throat at the position I am in.

"Harrods Staffing Agency?" I squeak out the name of the temp agency that got me the position here.

This only angers him as he slams his hand against the arm of the chair. I immediately recoil and choke back a scream. My eyes swing side to side trying to find a way out, but the close proximity of Gabriel's hulking figure prevents me from seeing anything beyond the terrifyingly incensed look he dons on his face.

My chin trembles with my eyes starting to water, and it's enough to make him push away from me and take a few steps back. I look down to my hands in my lap, and I can hear him now pacing.

This is the same Gabriel I had my morning coffee and muffin with, he was nice and sweet, it was hard to reconcile this image with the man in front of me. I don't know why me knowing the Rossi's was such a big deal and he had to act like this, but after the weekend I have had I don't have the wherewithal to speak up.