Home

We were driving in the car while holding hands and the radio was playing. He was holding my hand in his with his other hand on the wheel, looking ahead at the road. 

It reminded me of the first time he drove me home after one of the first days of rehearsal. The memories of the past few months started to fill my head and I started to smile to myself. 

"You're beautiful." he said looking over at me and smiling. 

"I'm so proud of you." I responded, ignoring his complement. 

He looked back and smiled awkwardly.

"You also have this really bad habit of making me blush," I squeezed his hand slightly "And I hate you for that." I continued. 

I finished my sentence and continued to stare out the window in front of me, even though it was dark out and I couldn't see much. 

"Well lovely, I hate to say that I have something I hate about you too." He said.

I looked over at him curiously, urging him to continue. 

"I hate that you made me fall completely and utterly in love with you." he said.

I stared at him for a second and slowly started to smile. 

"Why do you hate that?" I said.

"Because before I met you, I didn't know the feeling of my heart walking around outside of my body. And I didn't know the fear of losing the person that makes my life worth living. And I didn't know the feeling of being lost whenever I wasn't with you. And you'll never believe me when I say it, because for some reason you can't seem to love yourself, but you walked into my life and took it over completely, and I couldn't be happier." 

At this point I was in the car seat, now staring at him. And I realized that I was looking at the man that I wanted to marry. I was looking at the man that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with. I was looking at the man who has never given up on me since he met me and I was looking at the man who gave me a reason to get out of bed in the morning. I was looking at the man that I loved, and even if the world came crashing down around me, I knew that I would be okay as long as I had him. 

"I don't-" 

"You don't have to respond, because I know that you're an awkward person and you probably don't know what to say. But just know that I love you, and nothing can change that." he said. 

It took me a few more seconds to form coherent words.

"Okay." I said with a small smile forming on my face. 

"You're also adorable." he said.

"And you're really fucking annoying." I said back with a smile on my face.

"I still love you." he said.

"Why can't you just pretend to hate me." I said lifting my legs up on the seat. 

"Because I don't hate you." 

"But I don't hate you, and I still pretend to." I said looking back at the window. 

"Yeah but that's your way of showing that you love me." he said looking over at me for a second. 

"How do you know that?" 

"Because you do it with Lin too." he responded. 

"Who said I loved Lin?" I looked back at him and smiled. 

We made it back to his apartment and walked through the door with him holding me up and my hands in his hair and our lips together.

He walked us over to his room and shut the door with his foot and dropped us on the bed with him on top of me. 

We broke apart and looked into each other's eyes, both breathing heavy.

"Hi" I said. 

"Hi" He said, and leaned in for a long passionate kiss. 

He got off of me and pulled into his arms for a hug as he rested his head on mine. I wrapped my arms around his waist and he put his arms over his shoulders. 

"We should go on a date." he said into my hair.

"We should." I said.

...

the conversation ended there and we ended up under a blanket on the couch looking for apartments on his computer. 

My head was on his shoulder and our feet were up on the coffee table in front of us. 

"This one looks nice." he said, clicking on a 1 bedroom 1 bathroom apartment, with a full kitchen and dining room and living area. 

It was located relatively close to Lin and Vanessa and was within our price range.

"I like it." I said, my eyes slowly starting to close. 

"you're exhausted, lovely."  he said kissing the top of my head. 

"I'm fine." I mumbled back, proving his point. 

"Go to sleep." 

"I can't." 

"Why not?" he responded.

"I just can't" The truth was, it was hard to go to sleep without him next to me. I would never tell him that though. Gotta keep him humble. 

"Let's go to bed, and i'll save the link for this." he said, saving the link and closing the computer. 

"No let's keep looking." I said trying to open the computer again. 

"Lovely, you're exhausted. We're going to bed." 

He took off the blanket that was covering us and somehow mustered the strength to lift me over his shoulders. 

"I can walk y'know." I said from over his shoulder.

"Mhm."

We made it in his room and he threw me on the bed and laid on top of me. I shifted to move under the covers and he maneuvered his way on top of me. 

"Y'know, there is a whole bed, i can't imagine why you decide to lay right on top of me."

"because I love being next to you." he said kissing my nose. 

"And I love being able to breathe." I said back.

"Too bad." He said, putting his head into my neck and wrapping his arms around me. 

"You need to turn off the light." I said after a few seconds of silence. 

He groaned and got up to turn off the light, then made his way back over to the bed.

"I love you." he said quietly.

"I love you." I responded while drifting off to sleep.