Opening night

Big time jump.

It was the morning of August 6, opening night for Hamilton. Daveed made me sleep at his apartment last night for good luck before the show. (To which I happily obliged) but I knew it was because he was nervous for opening night, though that just made me find him much more adorable.

Lin was texting me all night, making sure that there wasn't any last minute choreography changes that I needed to make.

I ran through everything with him two times and by the time we were done it was 1 a.m.

I was in the living room on FaceTime with Lin trying to calm him down.

"Linny, everything is going to be fine, I promise." I said leaning back on the couch and rubbing my eyes.

"Can we please just go over it one more time?"

"Lin, it is 1 in the morning. The show is at 7 p.m. Go to bed, and i'll see you at your apartment ONCE THE SUN COMES BACK UP!" I said, slowly losing patience.

"Fine." He sighed.

We sat in silence for a few more seconds.

"Linny, you have worked your ass off for 6 years now and it's paying off. I know you're anxious, but it's all going to go so well. And i'll be right by your side the entire time. Promise me that you're gonna go to bed, get a good nights sleep, and be refreshed in the morning."

"Okay, I promise. Love you." he said while picking up his phone.

"Love you Linny." I said, then he hung up the phone and I shut off my phone and walked to Daveed's room.

I didn't expect to see him sit up against the headboard with his bedside lamp on.

His hair was pulled back and he was fiddling with the ring on his finger, the comforter was covering his legs and he wasn't wearing a shirt - as usual.

"Hey, why are you still up?" I asked, closing the door behind me.

"Can't sleep." he said bluntly, staring off into space.

I walked over to my side of the bed and sat facing him.

"Something is bothering you."

He looked at me for only a brief second, but remained silent.

"Are you anxious?" I asked.

"I just feel like i'm going to mess up." He said slowly.

I rested my hand on top of his and rubbed the back of it with my thumb.

"If you mess up, just go to the next scene. You're not going to get through every show without messing up I can promise you that. And if you mess up, it's not the end of the world."

He then took my hand in his and kissed the back of it, and I repeated the same action on his hand.

"You're going to do amazing." I said.

He looked at me silently for a few seconds. "But what if I don't"

"Daveed, when you auditioned for Hamilton I knew you were going to get the role the second you stepped on that stage. You know what needs to be done, and you're going to do it."

"I love you." he said.

"I know!" I responded, shuffling under the covers next to him.

He pulled me into his side and slid down onto his back.

"Why were you in the living room so late?"

"Lin made me go over the choreography...twice."

He laughed slightly and rubbed my back gently.