Tense

The dress rehearsal finally ended after two long hours, and after it was done I had to tweek the choreography, which took another 45 minutes.

After we finished everyone put their costumes on the rack, and we went home for the night.

"Go home and sleep everyone, we're doing the same thing tomorrow." Lin's voice boomed through the spacious theatre.

"Gladly." said Anthony as he walked through the doors of the theatre and onto the sidewalk.

"Coming home with me?" Asked a voice from behind me.

I was standing on the stage, fiddling with the turn tables.

"Yeah. Im just gonna grab my stuff." I replied as I turned around to see daveed.

I quickly got my phone from my room and met daveed in the car, and we drove to his house.

-

We got to his apartment and I immediately went to go sit on the couch.

"I'm gonna shower." Daveed said as he headed towards the bathroom.

I rested my head on the back of the couch and closed my eyes.

Then the door opened, and Rafael walked into the apartment.

"Hey!" He said as he put a duffel bag down on the ground.

"Hey." I said, my eyes still closed.

"Where's Diggs?" He asked scratching the back of his neck.

"Shower." I replied.

"Cool cool. Are you okay?" He asked, almost hesitantly.

"Yeah I've just had a long day." I said finally opening my eyes and looking at him.

"Yeah me too. I'm gonna go sleep, tell Diggs that I'm home okay?" He said picking up his duffle bag and walking to his room.

I sent him a thumbs up and rested my head back on the couch, closing my eyes again.

It got really quiet, very peaceful. After probably 10 minutes I felt two hands on my shoulders, slowly starting to massage them.

"You're so tense." He said from behind me.

I hummed I'm response and let him continue what he was doing. I felt him bent down to kiss my head and move around to come sit on the couch.

He walked around the couch in black sweatpants and no shirt.

He sat down next to me and pulled my legs over his, so my back was against the arm rest of the couch.

He was rubbing my legs and took a deep breath and sighed.

"How are you?" I asked, reaching my hand over to hold his.

"Stressed. But I'm okay." He said, giving me a reassuring smile.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" I asked.

"No lovely, I'm fine. I just need you" He said pulling me over to hug him.

We fell back on the couch so he was now on top of me, with his head on my chest.

"Are you really okay?" He said.

"Yeah." I said, although my voice wasn't very convincing.

"You can talk to me, you know that right?"
He said, lifting up his head to look at me.

"Yeah, of course." I said pulling his head back down.

"I love you, lovely."

"I love you Diggs."