Opening night 2

(This chapter has not been edited but I wanted to get something out so I apologize for any grammar/spelling mistakes) 

The show started and the lights dimmed on stage. 

Leslie walked out on stage and said the first line of the first Hamilton show on Broadway. 

One line doesn't seem like much, but this line was what told me that this was real. That one line told Lin that his vision had finally turned into reality. And it told the cast that everything they worked towards for months was worth it. 

The theatre was packed. Every seat was filled. 

I didn't need to be in the audience to know that this show was going to be amazing.  Proud was an understatement. 

After a few shows I would be the one in the audience, finally watching everything unfold in front of me. 

But for now, I was fine backstage organizing the costumes and listening in my headset in case there was a wardrobe malfunction. 

Pippa, Renee, and Jasmine were all backstage waiting for their song. They were all nervous wrecks. I offered them water and Renee was the only one who accepted, urging the other two to hydrate as well. 

"She's right guys. You need to be hydrated or you might faint." I agreed with Renee looking in between Pippa and Jasmine, holding out two waters towards them. 

They both took them reluctantly and unscrewed the cap slowly. Followed by them both taking sips, glaring at me in the process. 

"You guys are going to do amazing tonight." I said reassuringly. 

Immediately pippa stood out from the couch to give me a hug. 

"What would we do without you?" She asked into my shoulder.

"Be dehydrated." I said back quickly. 

 Just then all three of their names were called and that was their cue to go to the wings. 

"Lets go guys." Jasmine said, picking up her dress to walk away.

"You'll do great!" I said as they all walked away towards the wings. 

A few minutes later I was sitting on the couches backstage in the common area. I was scrolling on my phone when I felt two hand wraps around my shoulders and a head rest on top of mine. 

I jumped and turned around suddenly to see Daveed. 

"Hey!" I said as I jumped on him to hug him. 

"Hey, lovely!" he said into my shoulder, tightening his arms around my back so I wouldn't fall with my legs wrapped around his. 

"You're doing great!" I said back just before bringing my lips to his. 

"Get a room!" I heard Lin's voice say from behind Daveed. 

I jumped out of Daveed's arms and ran into Lin's pulling him close to me. 

"You're feeling nice today. Did you break something?" he asked while wrapping his arms around my shoulders. 

"I'm so proud of you." I said into his chest. I felt the urge to cry for him. I genuinely was so proud. He'll never understand how happy I am for him. 

"Thank you n/n." He said back ruffling my hair swaying a little in the process. 

I pulled away from Lin and ran back to Daveed. 

"Alright I'll give you two a minute. Daveed just watch out for your cues."

"I will." he said and I heard Lin footsteps retreating.