Babysitting

We walked through the door to Sebastian running up and hugging me with a toy dinosaur in his hands.

"Auntie!" He screamed.

"Hey baby!" I said while picking him up, with Daveed standing behind me.

That's when Lin and Vanessa walked out into the living room.

Lin was wearing a black suit and dress pants, Vanessa wearing a slick white dress with matching heels.

Sebastian ran up and hugged Vanessa, as she picked him up.

"You guys look great, where are you going?"
Asked Daveed.

"We'll Lin says it's a surprise." She said while rolling her eyes.

"A great surprise in fact!" He said all giddy.

"Okay we should be leaving now. Y/N, you know what you're doing, guard my child with your life." He said while grabbing both of my shoulders and looking me in the eye.

"And Daveed." He said walking after to him.

"Oh no." I mumbled quietly.

"Guard my sister with your life. She's in charge. And don't do anything stupid." He said while leaning close to him.

"Got it?" Lin asked.

"Got it." Said Daveed.

"Okay goodbye Linny. Bye Nessa."
I said shooing Lin out of the door.

"Bye mommy and daddy!" Said Sebastian, waving from the couch.

"Bye!" They said in sync. And I closed the door behind them then turned back to Sebastian.

"Okay buddy what do you want to do?" I asked while picking him up and sitting him on my lap on the couch, Daveed sitting next to me."

"Can we make brownies?" He asked while dropping his toy dinosaur on the ground.

"Yeah let's go see if we have ingredients." I said while getting up from the couch.

-

After getting out all of the ingredients we started baking.

Daveed showed Sebastian how to crack and egg, which was unnecessarily adorable. Then Sebastian tried to do it himself, and he dropped the entire egg in the batter.

After stirring the batter and pouring it into a pan we put it in the oven and went to go play another game. We played board games, dressed up, and other things that keep little kids entertained.

Then the oven went off and we took the brownies out.

20 minutes later we ate a few brownies and then it was 8:00, so we had to put Sebastian to bed.

I went to go tuck him in.

While leaving Daveed on the couch I took Sebastian to bed.

"Where's that guy from?" Sebastian asked as I was pulling the covers over him.

"Daveed? He works with me and daddy."
I said.

"Is he your boyfriend?" He asked.

I hesitated, he technically wasn't, and I didn't want him to be. I like what we have going now.

"No, Sebastian."

"Do you have a crush on him? Lena from school has a crush on Kyle. It's icky."

I laughed at that.

"Yes, I suppose I do have a crush on him." I replied while kissing his forehead.

"Goodnight buddy. I love you."
I said while getting up.

"Goodnight auntie!" He said while tuning over in his bed.

I walked out of the room and shut the door, just to see Daveed leaning on the wall next to the doorway, smiling.

"What are you smiling about, Diggs." I asked crossing my arms.

"You have a crush on me!" He said while giggling.

"Oh shut it! Let's go before we wake him up."
I said as I pulled him away.

We started cleaning up the mess in the kitchen and as I was wiping down the counter I felt him walk up behind me and hug me.

"You'd be a good mom." He said while placing his hand on my stomach.

"You'd be a good dad." I said turning to face him and sitting on the counter.

"You'd also be a good girlfriend." He said placing his arms on either side of me.

"No I wouldn't. Besides, we agreed, nothing official." I said.

"Why not?" He said.

"I already told you, after my last relationship I want to take it slow." I responded while fiddling with my hands.

"Y/N, I'm not trying to pressure you into anything, but I would never treat you like he did. I hope you know that."

"I don't want to talk about this. I'm happy with what we have." I said while jumping off the counter and going to finish the dishes.

"Me too, I just wanted you to know that I would never hurt you." He responded while leaning back on the counter.

I put down the plate I was washing and rinsed off my hands.

I walked over to him and hugged him, and buried my face in his chest.

"Can we go to sleep?" I asked.

"Of course." He said while leading me to my bed and going under the covers.

He pulled me onto his chest and started rubbing my back.

"I love you." He said

"I love you." I said back, and quickly fell asleep.

Lin's POV:
We got home around 10:00. The house was clean, except for the few dishes in the sink and a few of Sebastian's toys on the floor.

I walked upstairs and walked into Sebastian's room to find him sleeping peacefully, and I walked over to give him a kiss on the forehead.

Then I walked over to Y/N's room and quietly opened the door.
And found her and Daveed sleeping, her on top of him, and him holding her.

But I didn't feel mad. I felt content. She's happy, I've done a lot for her yes, but she's been through a lot more than I ever have. And seeing her genuinely happy, makes me happy.

I walked out and closed to door behind me. I shut off all the lights in the house and took a shower. I walked back in my room to find my beautiful wife peacefully sleeping. So I crawled in bed with her, and feel asleep, feeling content.