Designing

The day went on and by noon the entire cast
was at the theater. Lin wasn't going to start rehearsals until next week, just so he can talk to the cast about their characters, and so we could have more time to work on costumes and set design. Not to mention the choreography needed tweaking. So needless to say, I was busy.

I focused more on costume design for each character. Their outfit had to match their personality, along with the color of their outfit. I also have to get the storyteller outfits done, for the guys it was easy because all they had to do was out their coats over it, but the girls needed a whole different dress. I also needed to figure out the ensemble.

I started off with Burr. Probably the hardest one. Burr is intelligent. He knows what he's doing. He's not reckless or unorganized. He's a sophisticated individual. I was thinking dark purple. Because it also matches well with Leslie's skin tone. But Leslie is also shorter. So we also need something that won't make him look stubby. I started sketching.

My designing room was big. It was bright and filled with sketches for all the characters outfits.

Lin was working with the cast individually To help them get to know their character. While I was sizing and fitting people.

I called in Leslie to see how he liked my idea for his outfit. He walked in my room and looked over my shoulder at the sketch.

"I love it, and that color matches well with my skin tone!"
"That's exactly what I said, I'm glad you like it, I'll have you fitted tomorrow!"
"Cool. Do you need help with anything?"
"Uhhh. No. But what color do you think Eliza's dress would be?"
"I have absolutely no idea."
"Thanks!" I say sarcastically
"Of course! See you around!!"
"Bye."

I turned back to my sketches. I wasn't going to do Eliza right now because I didn't want to stress myself out. I'll do Jefferson.
I called Daveed into the room.

"Yesssss" he poked his head around the door frame."
"Come here." I said.
"Okay." He walked over and I pulled his shoulders forward and looked into his eyes.
We just stayed like that for a little bit.
"I thought you didn't want to recreate what happened this morni-" he spoke but I cut him off.
"Magenta!"
"What?"

I turned around to face my desk and started sketching Jefferson's coat.
"Y/N what are you doing?"

I didn't answer. Instead I just kept drawing.
After 2 minutes I finished and showed Daveed his outfit while biting my lip.
"What do you think?"
"I think you look adorable when you get over excited!"
"DAVEED! Seriously"
"I love it, but why magenta it's such a loud color!"
"Exactly! Just like Thomas Jefferson's personality!"
"Ohhhh, you're a genius!"
"I know!"
"Sooooo, do you need any help?"
"Nope!"
He sighed and put his head on the desk.
"Please Y/N I'm so bored"
"Daveed I need to focus."
"I'll only help, I promise.
I looked down at him in his seat.
"Fine."

A/N: hey besties! Sry this update is late I've been busy. I won class President! My birthday passed this week! And I have tryouts for basketball today! So I've been busy. But how did you like the chapter. Remember brutal honesty!