"Leah, how yuh and Shanny a move so wid Kadian? Yuh cyaan put in a talk fi mi?" He begs and I laugh.

"Don't you have her number? Yuh no need no help then," I reply and he kisses his teeth.

"Mi no know wah do her, she a play hard fi get," he comments.

"Because yuh ugly," Jubba says from in the living room.

"Jubba a true Lee a mi sista why yuh even get a chance wid her, a settle she settle fi yuh," Germs responds and everyone starts laughing.

I slap his arm and he grins, "help mi out no Lee, Shanny nah pay mi no mind," he complains and I smile.

"Is really Shanny fren enuh, but I'll reach out to her. We could probably have games night on Friday and invite her over, I'll get an opportunity to cook," I suggest.

"Lee, let's do a barbecue instead," Dane says from in the living room.

"Sounds good, will you work the grill?" I ask him.

"Yah mi can do dat," he says.

"Ok, if you don't bingo after this, I can't help you," I say and he hugs me and kisses my forehead.

2:00 PM

We're now alone, everyone left about two hours ago. We are on the sofa chilling, watching Netflix, just spending time with each other.

"Lee, remember when I told you that Alex helped me get where I am today but I still have some demons wrestling with?" He asks and I turn in his arms to look at him.

"Yeah," I say and watch as he takes a deep breath.

"Mi tell yuh seh mi fada was a wukliss gun man and dat him mek mi buss mi fuss gun when mi a six. Wah mi never tell yuh was that he was the don and that technically I'm his replacement," he says.

"What do you mean, are you a don?" I whisper and he shakes his head.

"That's not a title I ever wanted, when my father died, I was eighteen. They expected me to take over but I didn't want to so my uncle took over saying that he would run things until I was ready. It was the best move to ensure that power stayed in the family," he explains.

"Ok," I say because I don't have a comment.

"The first time I killed someone I was eight, my father made me kill a rapist in the community. By the time I was twelve, killing came naturally to me, I enjoyed doing it and I excelled at it.

I never missed a target and I was fearless so people feared me. My father was known as Jubby Don and people started calling me Jubby but when I took my place at his side I got the nickname Jubba Don to differentiate between me and my father.

When I was fourteen I was given my first contract killing, what this meant was that I would be paid for these jobs. My target was a police officer, I followed him to his house and stood in the shadows all night, when he came out to go to work in the morning I shot him right between his eyes.

Getting paid made killing so much more fun. Up to this day, my mother doesn't know about this side of my life. I went to school every day, I did my homework, did well in school making sure that I didn't give her a reason to start restricting me, I was even deputy head boy in school.

After a while majority of the jobs came to me because my kills were clean and in this line of work that is very important. Sloppiness will get you killed, when a gunman starts getting sloppy that's when politicians start focusing on him because he's making them come under pressure. Even though you do work for them if you don't tread lightly, they will have you killed," before he can continue I cut in.