Chapter 31

Time, seemed to have come to an abrupt stop for a while as Jin took in the sight of the person in front of him. His face voluntarily already contorting in a scowl, one he didn't even try to hide.

"What are you doing here? How did you even find me?"

The lady trembled a bit, apparently the sweet Kim Seokjin she once knew had already gone flying right out the window, leaving this cold aura man she wasn't quite familiar with.

"Seokjin, how have you been?" Mrs Jeon asked, an obvious wave of stutters lacing her tone.

Jin scoffed in disbelief, clicking his mouth in the process, while poking against the insides of his cheeks, "What did you just say?"

Mrs Jeon lowered her gaze to ground, unable to maintain eye contact.

Looking from Jin to the elderly woman, and back to Jin, Ken was finally able to connect the dots, coming to a conclusion on the kind of relationship both of them had.

He sighed, clearly already feeling the obvious need to excuse himself from their presence, in order to avoid being caught up in the whole issue. If there was one rule he knew very well and had come to terms with since he began his law profession years back, then it was never to meddle in family affairs, except when asked for help legally, or when violence is involved.

Ken took a step closer to Jin and whispered in his ears, "Hey, please calm down and just hear her out, it possibly cant be that bad"

Withdrawing his head backwards, Jin stared at Ken in shock, as if it was a different person talking to him, "You're joking right? You've got to be joking" He said, admist broken laughters.

Ken shrugged his shoulders in a silent plea, but Jin was far too gone with rage to acknowledge any of it.

Turning his attention back to Mrs Jeon, Jin pointed straight towards the door, "Look Mrs Jeon or whatever you call yourself, I have not the faintest idea how you found me and honestly I do not even want to know. But please I'd like you to leave my cafe this instant and never show your face here ever again" He said, his voice coming out straight forward and in a firm tone.

Mrs Jeon looked to the door and back to Jin who was fuming and huffing out ragged breathes, and her heart shattered to pieces. What exactly had her son been keeping away from her all these while? To what extent had all the pain caused by Jungkook eaten into Jin's heart? A small tear trickled down her now almost wrinkling face.

Ken saw this and immediately felt sympathy towards the woman, with nothing left to do, he walked up to the elderly lady and guided her towards a seat.

A door slammed shut behind them, and Ken immediately knew Jin has disappeared into one of the back rooms.

"Here ma'am, sit for a while hmm?" He exhaled, "I think you came here at a very wrong time, although I do not like the way you're being treated, but it cannot be avoided. I would have given you my words to talk to Jin but I doubt he would listen to me, so here's the thing, I think it's better for you leave tonight, maybe come back another time?"

With shaky fingers, Mrs Jeon wiped her tears before staring up at Ken, "Thank you" she mumbled under her breath, "but, who are you?"

Ken gave her a tight lip smile, "I'm a friend of his" He answered, "I'm also the lawyer who helped in the divorce process between him and your son" he added.

"Just friends?"

Ken felt bashful just a little, rubbing the back of his nape continuously. An obvious blush creeping on to his cheeks, "Although we are friends now, but I would really want us to become more" he blurted out, what was the point of beating around the bush anyways.