Chapter 18

The giggling only got louder as Seokjin made his way down the stairs, standing at a safe distance from the kitchen without making his presence known, he stared at the couple in front of him for a while. Namjoon and Jimin have always had such an amazing relationship through the years, not that they weren't bad or rainy days but those kind of days only helped you appreciate the good days even more.

He watched as Namjoon fed a spoonful of sponge cake to his boyfriend who was securely nestled on his lap, some bits of the cake stained the corners of his lips which Namjoon gladly licked off making Jimin erupt in a fit of giggles hitting him playfully across the chest.

He envied his bestfriend, nothing too shabby or shallow minded of course, just a strong pull on the strings of his heart making his eyes water for a brief second there, because he's never known what it feels like to be loved and taken care of by a partner. The hem of his sweater came up to wipe away the small tear that fell, He wasn't here for this, he was here to do the right thing after all he's unfortunately been through.

Composing himself he sucked in a generous amount of air to calm his pulsating heart before walking right into the kitchen.

"Um um" he cleared his throat causing the couple to jump up from their seat with Namjoon setting Jimin down steadily before standing on his own feet.

"Jinnie" Jimin walked up to him inspecting him from head to toe like a mother checking for injuries "Hey you okay?"

Seokjin gave him a small smile nodding his head "Yes I'm fine" he assured, turning his attention to Namjoon "I'm sorry for disturbing you both but I really needy to discuss something important with you"
**********

For a few minutes, Namjoon stared at Jin in absolute disbelief  "are you sure?"

Before he could give him a reply, Jimin butted in "Jin for real? I thought you wanted to pull out the insurance money to start your life anew? You know, move on from this pain that has been eating you up? But now you're going to take Jungkook to court?"

It had come as a big shock to all of them when Jin revealed his plans to sue Jungkook for damages. It was so unlike Jin, now he was planning to strip Jungkook of everything he has irregardless of where that left him in the end.

"Yes Minnie I'm sure" Jin continued "He's done so much to me since I married him, Jungkook has hurt me in ways that are unforgivable. He's existence sends chills down my spine, I'm practically living in fear, fear that one day he's going to barge in through that door and take me back to that prison he calls home because I'm legally still married to him" wiping the tear that escaped his eyes he exhaled.

"If I don't do this for myself and my kids now, I'm going to regret it going forward. I want a divorce from him immediately and I'm going to put him into so much misery, I want him to look at me and wish he never met me"

Speechless!

You can rightfully says that was how Jimin felt. He had his mouth hanging open, with eyes starring right at Seokjin's who had his jaw clenched and his eyes fixed to the ground underneath him.

"Wh_hat about you?" He stuttered, unable to help himself "what then happens to you?"

Jin exhaled "Don't worry about me, I'll be just fine" he stood to his feet arms coming up to fold across his chest "So Joon will you please help me?" His stare at the other man was expectant.

"I can" he breathed out in one go "And when you're ready, I'll introduce you to someone who can also help. He's the best at this job and it's safe to say I learned head on from him"