Chapter 39: Charlie's Last Stand Part 2

Heavy breathing was all that could be heard, darkness was all that could be seen, nothing felt real, nothing seemed real, all he could feel was numbness, his mind went into complete distraction mode trying to shield Charlie from reality when suddenly a voice could be heard calling his name, at first it was muzzled for a hard to hear.

"charlie." The voice called out as Charlie's hearing started to come back, "CHARLIE!" The voice was now screaming to which Charlie eyes shot opened to see Dolly covered in soot and cuts, red lights flashing everywhere covering the hallway they were in, "Charlie Come On Bro We Need To Get You Outta Here!!!" Dolly yelled as she helped Charlie get to his feet "Come on Bro Get Up." She yelled as the intense heat was felt, having trouble the Dalmatian named Dolly swooped underneath him and held him up.

The fire, the smoke its all in his face, then the memory's started to come back, the fight, blood... it was all coming back.

"D-Dolly." The man said very weakly.

"Come on Charlie I'm not Giving up on you." Dolly said as she kept him on his feet as they moved througj the fire engulfed hallway.

"Did... Did everyone make it... make it out?" He asked her.

"Everyone got out, Da-Vinci didn't want to leave you behind so I told her I'll get you." Dolly explained as they room tilted just a bit causing Charlie to slid into the wall with a large thud.

"Ow." He winced in pain as he grabbed the side of his body only to reveal his hands to be covered with blood, "Oh shit thats blood, thats alot of my blood." He said as he looked down at Dolly who was having trouble holding him up.

"Come on big guy lets get you outta here." She grunted as she pushed the weaken Charlie to move forward. As they reached the end of the hallway, the Dalmatian Mobile was leaning more in than usual to as the fire

"I knew the old girl could do it." Charlie joked as Dolly grabbed the two ropes that hanged in front of them and started to tie it around him.

"DYLAN YOU SET?!" She yelled up to the opening.

"We're set Doll, Alright Everyone PuLL!" The voice echos down to Charlie and Dollys ears. Charlie smiled as he hears his family.

"Stay with me Charlie I'm not losing you!" Dolly said but Charlie wasn't paying attention as he held onto the rope, "Hold on to the rope Charlie, the sooner we get out of here the better." Dolly said as she grabbed her rope and and started to climb up.

Up on the Docks

"Keep pulling everyone!" Dylan yelled as the pups along with Percy helped pull the two ropes with all their might, "That's it everyone that's it!"

"Man Charlie needs to lose a few pounds." Spike joked as they continue to pull.

Back With Charlie and Dolly

Charlie tries to climb as well but his weaken body wasn't much help to him as he gave way to the pain. He closes his eye thinking of everything... the loving warmth of home, the hot meal he'll, the love of his girlfriend, the sound of the rope splitting, the laughter... wait rope?

On Deck
The pups that were pulling Charlie's rope suddenly flew back all piling up on one another.

"The Rope!"

Charlie looked up to witness that his rope had snapped, and started to plummet down to the firey depth of hell but before he went far, his rope was snatched up. Dolly grabbed his rope and was now holding him by a thread. Charlie looked up to see her struggling to hold onto both hers, and Charlie, since Charlie was alot more heavier than anyone else in the family.