Chapter 33: The Night of War Prt 1

Charlie sat in his chair for a while, sweating with concentration, one wrong move could end him... he goes in and?!

"King me." He smiled to Dawkins who's sighs.

"It took you that long just to make a move?" He asked in dissatisfaction.

"Look Dawkins Checkers takes concentration and strategy."

"Thats Chess Charlie not checkers and beside." Dawkons pick up his piece and bounced it over the remaining pieces that Charlie has, "I win."

"You know what you cheated."

"Thats positive impossible." He scratched his ear, but Charkie laughs.

"I know I'm just messing either ya bud." Charlie smiled scratching Dawkins ear for him to which made him sigh in relief.

"Hello Dawkins, and Charlie." Da-Vinci greeted the boys.

"Hey Da-Vinci how's your painting coming along." Charlie smiled at her causing her to giggle.

"It's going swell, not only that but I overheard mum, and dad planning a family trip up to Cornwall." She said as Dolly over heard this and appeared out of no where.

"Cornwall?! When?!" She asked in desperation."

"Tomorrow." She smiled causing Dolly to freak out.

"Oh my Dog, oh my dog!! I'm not ready!!!" She ran upstairs leaving Charlie confused, while Dawkins, and Da-Vinci giggled.

"Well that was new." Charlie rasied an eye brow, "Never seen her geek out like that."

"Thats because her boyfriend is up there." Da-Vinci said putting more cutesy on the word boyfriend.

"Boyfriend?!"

"Yeah her 'boyfriends' name is Spike and they well only just met."

"Oh I see I thought she liked Hansel." Charlie said.

"W-Well she does... It's just that well Hansel seems more infuriated with Dylan then Dolly." She explains.

"Oh I see." Charlie said as Dylan popped out from the corner.

"Are we really going to Cornwall?" He asks.

"That's right Dylan, we're going to Cornwall tomorrow." Da-Vinci answered which still gave a shiver of fear.

"Oh that place really gives me the shivers."

"Why you say that?" Charlie asked.

"Oh well... there's a cow up there that I guess doesn't really like us."

"What? What you mean doesn't like you."

"It's a long story Charlie."

"Yeah she nice but underneath is an evil cow." Da-Vinci said which made Charlie laughed.

"Oh I see so this cow is an evil bag of beef huh." He joked to which the pups clearly didn't find funny, "Well you don't have to worry about this mean ol cow, cause I'll be there just in case."

"Will you really?" Da-Vinci asked.

"Of course I don't want no stinky cow making death threats with my family." He said before getting pounced on by Da-Vinci and started getting his face licked by her.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!" She said making Charlie laugh.

"Alright Da-Vinci alright." He laughed to which everyone else laughed along.

The Next Day

"Well I think that's everything." Charlie said as he checked over his stuff that he's bringing on the trip.