Chapter 19: Protecting the Family

Da-Vinci sighed as she laid in Charlie's lap as he petted her ear.

"You like this alot huh." He smiled getting her attention.

"Oh it feels like heaven." She stated as he continued to rub her ear to which he chuckled.

"Well I'm glad you enjoy it." He sighed as he continued to pet her, soon the door bell rang, "The mail man?" He questioned as he got up placing Da-Vinci on the floor though she being saddened that he stopped. Charlie walked over to the front door, only to hear the doorbell ring again this a little more aggressively, "Alright, Alright I'm coming!" He yells out as he opened the door to see a strange man.

"Surprise Package!" The man smiled wickedly throwing a box of flowers onto the ground and revealed a revolver, Charlie didn't even have time to react as the man pulled the trigger back firing into his head.

"AHHHHHH!" A scream was heard as Charlie shot up covered in sweat jumping Da-Vinci in the process, his breathing was very heavy as he looked around.

"Charlie what's wrong?! Are you alright?!" She asked.

"Y-yeah... it was... it was only a dream." He stated through his breathing as Da-Vinci dug her head underneath his hand for him to pet, "God why can't they go away."

"Isn't Deepaks training helping?"

"I-I don't know I thought they were working."

"Well try to relax and we'll talk to him in the morning."

"Y-yeah that sounds like a good idea." He yawned as he snuggled up woth Da-Vinci who licked his cheek as she feel asleep too.

Next Morning

Charlie stumbled downstairs as a tsunami of black and white spots rushed in and tackled him.

"Ahhh okay okay stop!" He laughed as the pups all licked his face, "Alright, Alright good morning."

"Alright pups everyone off of Charlie." Dylan ordered as mist of the pups whined as they hopped off of Charlie, however Dylan notice bags underneath Charlie's eyes, "Oh boy do you look restless."

"Don't remind me."

"Rough night Charlie?" Delilah greeted him.

"Eh you can say that." He grunted as he went into the kitchen.

"He had a nightmare last night." Da-Vinci explained.

"Oh dear what was it?"

"Well..."

A Little Bit Later

"Nightmares huh?" Deepak asked.

"Y-yeah... I really thought the nights mares would disappear, guess I was wrong."

"Don't punish yourself over something so innocent my apprentice." Deepak sighed as he returned to his mediation posture, "Lets take a relaxing moment to clear the mind shall we?"

"You know what, yeah I would love that."

"Excellent now come sit and let's begin." Deepak patted in front of him for Charlie to sit, "Now let's get your mind clear, close your eyes and take deep breath now." He instructed to which Charlie started to breath slowly, "Very good, now let's your mind relax and prosper the thoughts into energy."

"So Charlie's having night mares again?" Dolly asked while she and Dylan watched from a far, "I thought he was fine."

"So did I."

"Well when humans go through an event like Charlie has, it takes a very long time for him to accept those memories of event." Delilah explains, "Welp I'm off to work, stay safe." She smiled as she put her hand on the scanner to which it opened the doggy door.