Chapter 41: Epilogue

In the Near Future
It was a crisped afternoon in Camden, life couldn't have gotten any better but a very tired German Shepherd yawned as he walked back home.

"Man what a day." He sulked as he dragged his paws over to a cross walk where he looked around to see no cars around, he quickly walked over to the other side where he looked back to see Fergus digging for food, "Yo Fergus!" He called causing Fergus to spin around and pop from the trash can.

"Yo Charlie my main man, what's the latest, how are the kids."

"Couldn't be any better Fergus, how you doing?"

"Oh you know how it is, food hunting just got alot more easier, you know that cat Cindy?"

"Deepak's girlfriend yes what about her?"

"She's now a new member of the Canal Crew and she has been giving the job as professional food searcher." He said.

"Hey that's good, cats are pretty good at finding food."

"Oh ho yeah, and we are eating like kings." He smirked to which Charlie laughed.

"Well anyway listen I gotta get going Fergus see ya around man."

"See ya Charlie." He waved as Charlie headed back on his route to home, almost reaching home he jumped into Hansel and Roxy who were chatting among one another.

"Hey Roxy, hey Hansel." He greeted sitting next to Hansel who both smiled.

"Hey Charlie."
"Hey what's up Charlie." Roxy and Hansel greeted back.

"Hey don't forget about me." Snowball said as she still struggled with the leash.

"Of course how can I forget about Snowball."

"And future Aunt to both my friend's children." She stated to which the four laughed.

"So how's parenthood Charlie?"

"Eh stressful at first but I couldn't be anymore happier."

"That's good cause uh... We are uh kinda scared." Hansel confessed.

"Oh come on Hansel nothing wrong with pups it's just takes alot of time to care for them." Charlie said scratching his head, "Well I got to get going, see you guys soon." He waved back to them as he hurried off.

"Alright see ya Charlie."
"Bye Charlie!"
"Adios Charlie." The trio waves back as Charlie almost made it home, that is until he ran into Doug and Delilah.

"Oh hey Doug hey Delilah." He greeted.

"Well hello deary, work was stressful for you as well huh?" Delilah asked.

"Of course."

"You know what this is funny, I'm a fire dog, Delilah's a medic dog and you a police dog." Doug laughed as did Charlie.

"That makes sense, come on our children are waiting for us." Charlie said as they face the house which was beaming with color and life again, before reaching the door, Delilah and Doug stopped in front of the bio scanner.

"Wanna do the honor Charlie?" Doug asked.

"Oh you bet." Charlie said as he placed his paw onto the bio scanner, after a long humming sound it made a beep and lit up unlocking the doggie door, "Well let's go great the pups." He said as he went through the doggie door followed by Delilah and Doug.

"Kids, I'm Home!" Doug yelled out once they enter causing the ground to shake.

"Brace for it." Delilah said as a tsunami of black and white fur tackled Doug and Charlie with loving embrace.