Chaper 37: The Night of War Prt 5

The helicopter could be heard above as Charlie ran as fast as he could.

"Come on asshole let's see what your made of." He said as he sprinted on the sidewalk with the helicopter following him behind, soon gunshot could be heard as Charlie zigzagged trying to find cover soon ducking into an alleyway, "You guys suck at shooting." He joked as suddenly an armored truck went by which soon stopped and started chasing after him, "Oh great this gonna look familiar." He said as the armored truck started to race down the alleyway what's worse was the alleyway was large enough for the armored truck to chase after him, Charlie ran as fast you could jumping over trash cans and dumpsters trying to avoid getting run over, suddenly a wall was in the way but Charlie spotted a large dumpster to which he jumped onto and jumped over the wall, once he landed on his he took off running again, unfortunately for him the armored truck didn't stop and crashed through the wall getting some air before landing behind him, "Ugh they don't quit do they." He said as he managed to exit the alleyway along with the armored truck which skidded around the corner to chase after him.

Soon Charlie reached the bridge that ran over the canal, he looked back to see that the armored truck was still hot on his tail and proceeded to run as fast as he can suddenly another truck stopped in front of him stopping him in his tracks he was about to run back the way he came but soon the truck that was chasing him stopped in front of him blocking the way out, soldiers emptied out of both trucks with guns drawned onto him to which Charlie quickly threw his hands up, a helicopter flew over him which quickly swung around shining it's light on Charlie blinding him.

"We have the target, procedure to execute?" One of the soldiers asked on his radio giving Charlie enough time to look behind him to see Fergus waving to him, "Alright boys let's end this." He said as everyone aimed at Charlie.

"Come on guys you don't have to do this." Charlie said as the guns were aimed directly at his head.

"Sorry pal, your the bosses target and he wants you to go." The solider said as they walked forward but before they could grab him Charlie quickly fell backwards and landed into the canal which the soilders quickly ran over to see if he landed in the water or not, "Come on let's hurry down." He yelled as a small group of them hurried down to the canal where they only see Fergus sitting there, "I don't see him where can he be?" One asked the soilders all moved in closer to the canal but sighted nothing.

"You think he drowned?"

"Either that or he's down the canal, come on we got what we wanted let's get back to base, drinks are on me." One soldier said to which the other soldiers cheered as they had back upstairs to the bridge, what's the closest clear Fergus then ran over to the water and waved which revealed Charlie popping out the water with a straw in his mouth.

"Thanks for the heads up Fergus." Charlie said as he climbed out of the canal.

"Of course, anything for my dalmatian friends friend." He laughs.

"Of course you want food I'll make sure to pay you once this is all over." Charlie said to which Fergus smiled.

"Oh yeah my human... man, anyway you better head back to the pups." Fergus said.

"Right, thanks again Fergus."

"No problemo Charlie good luck." He waved to him to which at this time, Sid and Big Fee appeared beside him.

"We're gonna help them are we?" Big Fee asked.

"Oh yes we are."

"A rescue mission count me in." Sid said as they climbed onto Fergus's back and took off after Charlie

Later

Charlie skidded to a halt as he stood in front of the house, bullet holes could be seen plastered all over the bricks and windows, Charlie quickly barged through the front door and looked around panting heavily.