Chapter 23: Walk Down Memory Lane Part 2

"Hey I think we're close!" He said with excited as they drove passed a large sign that reads.

Radcliffe's Family Plantation
For Dalmatians

"Huh... interesting name." He commented as they go over a hill which revealed fields as far as the eyes could see, with a dirt road leading up to what look likes an old wooden house with a large barn next to it.

"Oh my it's been forever since I've seen this place!" Delilah exclaim wagging her tail with excitement."

"It looks non taken care of."

"Well it has been sixty years since this place was booming with life." Delilah explains, as she and Da-Vinci looked out the windows.

"So this is where you grew up mom?"

"Oh yes sweetie, I was the last batch before moving to Camden."

"How many Dalmatians were there?" Charlie asked.

"Too many, you thought we had many puppies? You haven't seen it up here." She explain.

"Dame."

"Thats a lot of brothers and sisters mom."

"I'll say come on let's go and explore." He said as he pulled up in front of the large house and turn off the car. He opened his door letting Da-Vinci jump out and stretch her legs.

"Wow... look at this place there's so much yard!" She yelled out running around, which Charlie laughed.

"Look at her go." He said as Delilah sighed with relief.

"I remember that feeling all this freedom." Delilah smiled as she and Charlie looked at the large silo.

"Oooo what's that?" Da-Vinci asked in curiosity.

"That Da-Vinci, is a Silo where usally food is store." Charlie explained, which then Da-Vinci wondered off.

"That's where we kept our kibble."

"Oh?"

"Yes... Our great, great, great granddad's pet built this in order for us to eat, I hardly think it still works." She stated as they looked over to the large house, "Thats where Granddads pet would live."

"Well you wanna check it out?" He asked.

"I'd be happy to, Da-Vinci!" She called out as on cue Da-Vinci skidded in front of them.

"Yes mother?"

"We're headed to the farm house care to join?"

"Alright."

"Great then I'll lead the way." Charlie said as he hurried forward. As the house drew near two things immediately caught their eyes, one the house was in disrepair, ranging from the sideing on the house was falling off to the bricks from the barley recognizable chimney were falling to pieces, the other thing that was noticed was that the front door was left open, "Odd."

"My word... this house has seen better days." Delilah said as they reached the front door.

"You don't think that...?"

"Anyone's here, I doubt it."

"Alright you two stay here I'll check." Charlie said as he quietly headed towards the front door. He opened the front door softly making a creaking sound as the room became more visible, once he noticed the coast was clear he signaled for the two to follow, once inside they realized that the entire room was filled with trash.