Lucas approached slowly. Numa felt a slight discomfort in his stomach, he felt like a child. It couldn't be that hard to apologize. He turned around and faced him and was surprised to see that he was not angry. His expression was almost relaxed.

"Lucas, I'm sorry about what I said at the hospital..."

A voice interrupted them

"Hi, what are you doing?!" both turned around and Numa was surprised to recognize the young man, it was the brunette who has been making out with him at the night club.

Numa didn't know where to stand, for some reason he felt ashamed as if he has been caught in a compromising situation.

Lucas made the corresponding introductions, Numa barely responded when he heard that he was his cousin. Were they dating or what? Was that even possible or even, legal? To the relief of both, Giovanni continued on his way, Manon sent him to do the shopping.

"Well, I'd better go back home."

He called him

"What?" asked Numa, uncertainty tainted his voice.

"I'm not involved with my cousin, okay?"

"I didn't say anything, I don't care either"

He looked at him coldly, he didn't want to talk about it. But he didn't know what to think, Lucas seemed always like the correct guy.

"If you don't care, why bother to come all the way here? Go back home to rest and if you want to go to the park, you know who you can go with."

Numa returned the furious look, but he felt like an idiot, Lucas turned around and disappeared inside the building leaving him outside, alone.

He sat back down on the stairs, He would not move from there until he has spoken to him in a proper way, why did everything have to be so difficult?

He hid his face in his hands, as he felt a lump in his throat choking him. From one moment to the next he felt sad, and abandoned. He knew it was ridiculous, but why didn't Lucas make things easier for him? He knew it wasn't his fault, but it was hard for him to admit it.

He got up and taking a deep breath, he rang the doorbell again.

Lucas answered.

"It's me, I want to talk to you."

A brief pause.

„I'll be right down."

He leaned against the wall while he waited for him. Lucas appeared again with a serious expression on his face. Numa looked at him shyly thinking how handsome he was. He felt himself blushing again and turned his face away, and started to walk.

Lucas followed him, looked at him thoughtfully, Numa walked quietly and slowly with his head slightly bent. He was worried that something might happen to him, what if he got dizzy or something?

He was supposed to be resting at home but he has come all the way home, the first attempt to talk has not worked.

 Moments ago, when Lucas got back to his place angry for what Numa said, he sat by the door, waiting for the doorbell to ring again, it was hard for him to leave him there but he thought it was the best. He also has his pride, and lately every time they talked, from Numa only spoke words that hurt him.

He did not expect a declaration of love but at least a friendly treatment, was it too much to ask?

They arrived at the park, which as usual in winter was almost empty except for the playground where it was always full. Numa took one of the paths that led to the area of the trees, it was where Lucas usually went when he wanted to paint, it was one of the corners full of jacarandas, and a few chestnut trees. Lucas looked around, the area was quiet and no people could be seen from there.