Chapter 32

When Manon saw him leave it was not necessary to tell her they had a fight, Lucas was quite angry, he seemed to shoot sparks out of his eyes, he approached her.

"Can I have the keys?"

"Are you already leaving?" she wanted to know what happened.

"Yes. If Numa needs anything, be sure to call Leon..." He grabbed the keys that his sister was holding out to him, while he walked away, repeating to himself that he was an idiot.

Later Manon took care of calling the grandmother to tell her that the boy was awake and that he could leave in a few hours, as doctors agreed to that.

#

Since they left the room and grandmother came to pick him up, Manon hasn't said anything, she only looked at him out of the corner of her eye. Numa knew she wasn't angry but she wasn't happy either and she was right. He also felt like the worst scum in the world, Lucas made it almost clear that he wanted to be with him, he hasn't told him directly but maybe if he hasn't put his foot in his mouth he would have asked him.

Wasn't that what he wanted? Of course it was! How many times has he fantasized about the idea? On his birthday that faint kiss on his lips left him in a frenzy.

He knew it was his fault, he knew it perfectly well but he didn't know how to behave. Agustin's death has taken him by surprise, and brought back old memories and feelings that he thought were buried.

He felt the desire to fight with everyone as if he could fight with destiny or whoever wrote the scripts of people's lives. Why Agustín? He asked himself over and over again but there never seemed to be an answer.

When he got out of the car, he hardly gathered the courage to look Manon in the eyes, fearing a reproachful look. He gave her a low nod and thanked her, instantly regretting having done so. It didn't take him long to hear the young woman's acid tone.

„The only one you should be thanking is Lucas."

Lucas he thought to himself once at home.

Lucas went to look for him.

Lucas waited for him five hours.

Lucas found him.

Lucas took him to the hospital.

Lucas stayed there, next to him.

He was an idiot.

Grandma was cooking something but just smelling the food made his stomach upset.

Suddenly he got up and looked at the time, how long has he been lying in bed thinking?

It was almost evening.

"Granma"

Eleonora looked at him a little surprised to see him in the kitchen entrance still dressed.

"Aren't you going to rest?"

"No, I have to go to Lucas' house to get something. Don't worry, I'll be right back."

" But..." started the grandmother but she realized he wouldn't listen, after all the doctor said that it was nothing serious and that he could attend classes normally and continue with normal activities, still be careful and come back in case of certain symptoms

„In 2 hours I want you back here, ok?" said Eleonora, in a serious tone.

"Thank you Granma."