"we miss you mommy." Lily said with a frown. What could be more tragic for a child than losing a mother at a young age, it's been so long since she last hugged her mom but she still remembered her gentle motherly smile vividly. Just rethinking about it would make her warm in an ice storm like a born fire, ready to protect her daughter from any coldness of outside world.

Lily's father looked at her and wrapped his second had around her as she leaned in closer before she continued,

"I won my first drawing competition yesterday in school, daddy was there and he got me so many chocolates, I just wish you were there to see me."

"she sees you, sweety. she's with you every single second everyday."

"how?"

"because she's right there...." He said pointing to her heart, "....if you remember someone, they can never truly die. They stay with you deep in your heart. You just have to not let their memories die."

"so....she can hear me too?"

"yeah, she hears it every time you tell her how much you love her that's why never be upset that she's gone, because that'll make her sad too."

"then what do I do?"

"always smile and remember that you're a beautiful daughter of a beautiful mother, flowers are most pretty when they're bloomed."

"but I miss her." She said on a verge of crying.

"I know sweety, me too. But we must keep going in life. always remember I'm here for you." he said forcing a smile and tightened his hold on her as she wrapped her arms around his neck and buried her face on his shoulders. As much as he was breaking inside he couldn't show his weak side in front of Lily, he had to be strong for her, after all he's the only one left of her. He needed to be strong for her.

She was his only home left and she was his only light, he would protect her no matter what, it was his promise.

He would protect his home.

Brandon opened his eyes and woke up with a flinch like he just got out of a nightmare, he looked around to find himself in his office, he was sitting on his chair indicating he probably fell asleep while working last night. he looked at the clock to see it was 7 : 15 in the morning already, he would have to go back to work soon. He took a look on his desk before starting his day, he looked at an old picture. It was an old family photo of him and Evelyn with Lily. He was looking at that picture like a sailor looks at moon in an infinite dark night in middle of the ocean.

Eve looked so happy on the left side smiling bright holding a 3 years old Lily in her arms with him on the right side who had his arms wrapped around both of his most precious girls, the time he didn't have that ugly scar on his face. That nasty scar which always reminded him of his tragedy. They all looked so happy unknown of the fact that it would be their last family photo with all 3 of them together.

Brandon rubbed his eyes still feeling sleepy but shook it off and got up from his chair and wore back his jacket and walked out of the office.

He closed the door behind him and turned to the two guards who were already standing outside his office,

"come on, it's time to start the tests."

.

.

.

I was drowned in a deep slumber until the reality started to kick in, my eyes were still closed and I frowned from the discomfort, I slowly opened my eyes waking up and looked around the room to find plain black metal walls which made me remember the last night.

I quickly sat up on the bed I was laying on as the memory started coming back, I was in HYDRA.

'shit shit shit shit shit shit shit'

I was trying not to sleep in order to slow down the time but I guess tiredness got the best of me and I slept crying at midnight, not that I know what time it is anyway since this room doesn't have any clock.

I bury my face in my hands in frustration, they'd be here any minute and I wasn't ready to meet them again. That guy Brandon said he has some tests to run on me.

I didn't want to face it. I wanted to go back home. I just wanted to run away and I was about to cry once again. I knew it won't help or make it any better but I don't feel better until I cry my feelings out every time.

My eyes were already getting watery but before any drop would fall down I heard some noise outside the only existing door in this room, I could make out faint footsteps followed by someone opening the door as 'he' stepped in.

"so how was the night? I hope you slept well because it's time to work." He said with a casual smile. Just how can he smile so easily knowing how messed up his work is. Does he not ever feel bad for once.

Soon we were walking down the hallway again with him leading our way, I was walking behind him trying to maintain my distance and his two guards were behind me, both of them had guns like yesterday. I recognized one of them, the one on my right, he was there yesterday too in that room when I woke up first time, never saw the other one before.

After walking for more 2 minutes we reached the place he was leading too, we entered and I looked around to figure out what was he gonna do with me, it looked like a lab of some kind and someone was already waiting inside for us.

"doctor, ready to run the tests?"