𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑡𝑦-𝑜𝑛𝑒 | 𝑌𝑜𝑢 𝑐𝑜𝑢𝑙𝑑 𝑑𝑖𝑒

AURORA

AURORA

I've been sitting here with Ares and the others for a few hours since Mason fell into my arms.

The doctors say he's fine, and they need to do a full check-up, but we can't go in because we're not a family member, which is why Zeth went in already.

"You can go, I'll wait here," Ares said as he ran his fingers through his hair. He doesn't look good now as before, probably because of Mason.

You can really see how close they are. At this moment, he is so worried about himself. "Ares, where's Mason!" storming an angry, worried woman in.

She was elegantly dressed. Her leather high heels and the matching bag. White long coat and a white fabric skirt.

Her hair is long black and strands are fastened in a clip from the front to the back.

"He's okay, calm down..." Ares immediately got up and walked over to her. His hand placed on her back and paced, noticing that her breathing calmed down.

"Ares, please tell me where my son is." She looks at him with concern. I can't imagine what she must be feeling right now. She looks so fragile. How it feels to get a message to hear your son is in the hospital.

But is it obvious from the looks that it is Mason and Zeth's mother, I imagined her to be colder, they always said she was strict, but I see nothing but a loving and caring mother who only wants to be with her son.

"Walk in there, you'll find someone." She nods immediately. "Stay here, okay." he nods, and you can see she walks fast to the door.

Ares's eyes were on the ground when he met mine as he turned. It looked like he wanted to say something. I also will, but the words "I'm sorry" or "I should have done better." bring him nothing.

A sorry doesn't get Mason to the state he was in earlier, either. Did he feel bad? Yes. Was he ill? Yes. Did he say everything is ok? Yes.

If only he would say something. Just one word, and we would be on the way to the hospital on the way out of the museum. But again, the person who needs it most is not selfish.

--

After Zeth came out of Mason's room with his mother and stayed alone with us, he explained what caused Mason's fall. I walked into the room.

Quinn is home and Zeth is with his mother to get things for Mason.

When I got to the room, only Mason was there. The whole room for himself. He lay in bed and watched the walking dead on the TV which hanging on the wall.

When he noticed me, he turned off the TV and looked at me. "Hi." It came softly and hoarse from him. "Are you alright?" When I got to the bed, I asked him. He definitely looks better than in the museum.

"They gave me something, so I wouldn't fall over again. But yeah, I'm better." "Good." I slapped Mason furiously, but so gently that he barely felt my punches, just to let him know how mad I was at him. Because I really am.

"Drugs? Your serious Mason? You could die!" I made it clear and stop punching him. "I know I screwed up."

"Screwed is a too-small word. What did you think?" I asked him again. "It was always really small portions. I wanted to quit, but you see where that got me."

"Small portion? Doesn't seem like it to me. Small is the distance when you park your car, small is the crumb you lose on your clothes while eating. That wasn't small, you know that. So why didn't you say anything?" he shrugged.

"I want my problems to stay mine. I don't want to bother anyone with this shit I've got myself into. You have your own problem." I rolled my eyes and took his face in both hands because he wasn't looking at me.

"Your problems are important, like my problems. If you have any, friends are there to help you with them. Don't think like that and talk Dameit." He nodded and looked me intently in the eyes.

"Good. Now rest." He nods again. "Sure. A cold bastard who thinks of himself, you're a fucking softy." "I'm not."

"When will the doctor come back?" "He'll come back later, I'll probably be admitted to a clinic. I'll try to get clean." I never thought I'd experience something like that, I mean I've never accompanied anyone on their withdrawal since Ben never tried.

Am I doing something wrong or right? I want to make things right. I want to help Mason with anything I can, even if it's just bringing water.

I start liking him, he has become important to me. I look at him, slowly, he looks so exhausted again. Dark circles under the eyes, dry lips, sweaty skin. The hair was messed up.

I should have said something. I should have stopped him, I knew he was taking drugs, but apparently, he and I overestimated what it did to you.

I walk over to Mason to put my hand on his forehead and then on his neck. "You're warm." It came softly from me. I want to help him. Really.

He looks at me again. He looks so fragile. Why did he take drugs at all? Is it maybe because of his father? I don't know how long it's been, but it could be.

"I..." Mason couldn't finish, the door opened as I looked, and Ares came in with coffee in his hand. I removed my hand and took a step back. "I have coffee for you."

Mason smiled and thanked him as Ares placed it on the table. He came to me and handed me a cup as well. "You've been here for six hours." I nodded my thanks.

"You can go." I took the cup from my mouth and looked at Ares.

"But..." "It's okay, go ahead." Mason interrupted me. I looked at Ares, who took his eyes off me and looked out the window. Why isn't he looking at me now?

I don't know what's going on. Nor do I know if I should listen to Mason. I mean, a few minutes ago, I wanted to stay here, and now? "It's okay. Go before my mom comes in here and complains." I nodded gently.

Then I said goodbye to both of them even though Ares not even paying attention to me. The nearest bus stop is five km away. The hospital is far from my home. Quinn is gone and so is Zeth.

I pull out my phone to call Dylan. "I'll drive you." Ares appeared next to me and took my arm. "Hey, let go."

"You need someone to drive, don't you?" What's wrong with him? Now suddenly he wants to bring me? He can't make up his mind. He let go of me at his car and went around to sit down.

I got in and buckled up. Without saying a word, he drove off. "What's your problem?" I want to know why he's like this? He approached me, in the hospital he doesn't look at me, then he wants to drive me. This guy has a worse mood switch than a pubescent 10-year-old.

"I don't have one." "Yes, you do." "What were you doing with Mason so close?" he blurted out in an annoyed voice. "I checked his body temperature." huh? What is he thinking, Just because Mason is sick doesn't mean I fall for him?

"There are doctors for that."

"Which one do I want to become."

"You have no reason."

"I feel guilty, dammit! I could help him. So stop being so fucking jealous!"

"I'm not jealous."

"See! That's what I meant. We got along well and now! It never changes." Ares stopped, I got out without saying anything and slammed the door.

Fuck him. I want to help Mason, and this guy just can't help being so stupid. I have friends I want to help. He has a mood switch and probably doesn't even know why he's like that.