Harveston's Kelkkarotu Pt. 2

Start from the beginning

"N-No, that's....just Idia's anxiety kicking in...." Epel sweats. Marja looks over towards the girls and smiled brightly with glee.

"Ah! And who are these two lovely young ladies?"

"Luna Brighton." Luna greets with a small curtsy. "And this is-"

"I'm Charlotte. Charlotte Luchessi." the brunette greeted herself without Luna's help.

Marja's eyes widened upon hearing her name. "Ah, so YOU'RE the girl my grandson writes about in his letters!"

This made Charlie raise an eyebrow. "Letters?"

"Yes, yes!" Marja clasps her gloved hands around Charlie's. "He gushed so much about you! Says he sees you as his older sister of sorts! You're very pretty, too!" Taking the brunette's face in her hands, Marja looks into her face with keen intellect. "Such eyes! They're so god-like almost....and you've the right blend of beauty and cute in your complexion!" She smiled warmly. "It seems my grandson found a keeper!"

"M-Mee-Maw!!" Epel hissed with embarrassment.

Charlie chuckled awkwardly towards Marja's speech, but over her shoulder, she glared daggers at Epel, mouthing through clenched teeth, 'We're talking about this and you're not getting out of it!' Scaring the young boy. Turning to the elderly woman, she smiles, "Glad to hear that...."

"Me next! Name's Grim! And I'm always lookin' out for Epel!" the excited tanuki interrupts.

"I never said anything of the sort." Epel glares at the grey creature.

Marja chuckled, "Ah, the new generation is so cheerful and energetic. Like baby trees! I hope you enjoy yourself here for the racing and scenery. All of you."

"By the way, Epel. What'll the winner get if they win the race?" Grim looks up. "Please let it be apples! Please let it be apples!"

"Why do you bother asking? You're not even involved in this thing!" Sebek groaned.

"Well, uh....actually, we don't win anything; we race just for honor." Epel answers.

"But how'll THAT fill my stomach?!"

"Ugh, always thinking with that bottomless pit of his...." Luna rolls her eyes.

"We get blessed with good fortune all year long!" Epel contunies.

"Keep talking, I'm listening." Grim changed his attitude.

"The village head who won last year got a lottery prize!"

"How much, though...?"

"....5000 madol."

"Eh....that's okay, I guess...."

"Well, I don't care about prize money or anything. As long as I'm involved, I will put my all for this thing!" Sebek boomed. "Let's move!"

One by one, everyone got to the building and made it inside.