Chapter 36

Sonoko's uncle begins to get impatient, asking the police to quit. Since the turtle hasn't been found, he states that Kid is already gone and refuses for the police to stay in his museum any longer.

Wasn't he the one who was ready to do anything to get Kid arrested? What's got into him?

During the argument between him and Inspector Nakamori, I see Conan step aside and... Open the dial of his watch... And use it to aim... Ran's father?

What the hell is he doing...?

But as he presses a button, Ran takes him in her armes, telling him it's time to go home. Almost at the same time, Sonoko staggers and collapses against the wall of the aquarium. I approach her to help but Conan is ahead of me.

- Are you okay, Sonoko-neechan?

As he speaks, he pulls a bow tie from his pocket, then puts it in front of his mouth.

- I'm fine. Everyone here was just acting so dumb that I got a little dizzy.

Eh ?

It's very clear Conan that it's speaking, but with Sonoko's voice...

Is it the bow tie doing that? This is so cool !

The others look at Sonoko as if she is really talking.

I see... He put himself in front of her so that the sound of his voice seems to come from her, and since they aren't expecting Conan to speak, they see nothing. ... Honestly, they need glasses because it's obvious there...

As he announces his deductions - pretending it to be Sonoko's, Sera steps forward and helps him back up his words.

What ?

I suddenly understand my strange feeling that hadn't left me since I came back into the room... It's not Sera who is standing in front of me... Sera is a little smaller. Also, at the junction between the impostor's jaw and neck, I notice a slight difference in skin color.

They must wear a mask like Shuichi's... So is it Kid? But the search showed they didn't have the turtle on them...

However, since they suggested themselves the body search, they surely have something prepared..

Which means Sera isn't in this room... Could she still be in the men's restroom?

I tell Ran that I'm leaving to go to the bathroom, and go in the corridors.