Chapter 10

I open my eyes. I am lying in a bed. I sit down and observe my surroundings. The decoration of the room resembling the one of the living room in which I passed out, I guess I am in the same mansion. I am in a big bed surrounded by bedside tables. In front of me is a closed door, probably leading to a hallway. At my right, against the wall, is a large wardrobe. There's a note stuck on one of the doors, so I get up and approach it.

"You can take what you want."

Take what I want? About what?

I open the door and find the clothes inside. They seem to be my size...

Seriously?

I close the wardrobe door and turn around to look at the rest of the room. There is a door on the other side of the bed. I approach and open it. It leads to a bathroom. A towel seems to be waiting for me on a clothes rack near the shower.

I see...

I turn around and head for the wardrobe.

Anyway, if Akai Shûichi had wanted to do anything to me, it would have already been done... Right?

I open the door a second time and turn my attention to the clothes in order to make my choice. After a moment, I end up picking up a simple red T-shirt and matching pants. I'm still missing some underwear, which I find in a drawer at the bottom of the wardrobe. I help myself and return to the bathroom.

At least there is a latch.

I enter the room and close behind me. As I undress, my reflection in a large mirror above the sink catches my attention. While they are red overall, the roots of my hair are getting darker as time passes.

Their natural color must be black or brown... But why did I have them dyed? And why did I choose this color? It's too obvious... Same goes for my eyes...

I remove the red lenses I was wearing. Behind, my eyes are deeply blue. After a while, I stop staring at my reflection to get into the shower and start washing. As the hot water runs over my body, I think of this man again.

Akai Shûichi... Who is he? Why doesn't he have a code name like me or Bourbon? How did he find me? Since the clothes and underwear in this closet are all my size, he got them knowing he would bring me here. Or did I sleep long enough for him to-

I suddenly freeze and my thoughts disappear so I can concentrate. I just heard the bedroom door opening...