Chapter 31

- I feel like you treat me like a kid... Yes, I'm probably younger than you, but that's not enough of a reason to decide things for me!

He's laughing.

- What else do you want me to do? You've been acting like a child since you lost your memories.

- ...Exactly! Treating me like a child won't magically make me act like an adult!

He laughs harder.

- That's not wrong... Sorry.

He resumed.

- If you don't want to go live with the Mouri, no problem, but you'll have to find another solution.

I stick my tongue out at him.

- It's not the fact of living with them that bothered me but that you chose for me.

- So you're going to go?

- It doesn't bother me that much, but I will need a parade for all of Ran's questions...

- I already asked her not to ask too much.

- You seem pretty calculating, huh... One could almost believe that you see the future...

- If that were the case, you wouldn't be so unpredictable.

- Thank you ♡

He's laughing.

- That wasn't a compliment!

°°°

Zero parks the car in the parking lot reserved for the staff of the Poirot café. I take my bag and follow him into the building.

- Do you want to eat something before going to the Mouri's?

- No thank you, I'll be fine...

- As you want.

We cross the café quickly and exit.

But where do they live...?

Barely out of the café following Zero, I see Ran coming out of an alley located just next door.

- Ah, hello Amuro-san and Amuro-chan!

I respond to her greetings with a wave.

- Hello, Ran-san.

I join her, followed by Zero. Once arrived near her, my "big brother" puts his hands on my shoulders.

- I leave my little sister to you. Take good care of her!

Eh... I'm not five years old huh...

- Sure!

- I leave you, I'm going to work. Have a good day!

- Have a good day!

Zero walks back into the café while I follow Ran into... It wasn't an alley but a staircase that leads above the café.

This must be where she lives...

As soon as I enter the second floor with Ran, little Conan stares at me.

As expected from the one who fooled the organization on the death of Shûichi... He is suspicious of me because he saw me with 'Bourbon'...

I would like to reassure him, but that would betray Zero's cover.

- Amuro-chan, come and put your things in my room!

- Ah, yes, I follow you!