Chapter 25

- A racket ?!

Zero laughs at my reaction.

- Exactly ! It slipped out of the hands of a player on another field... Conan-kun is fine but he is still injured. It is the owner of this racket who invited us to be forgiven.

So the same kid capable of deceiving an international criminal organization can also be hit in the face by a tennis racket due to inattention... Well, he's only a child after all ...

When we arrive at the house, Zero introduces me and I greet the people in front of us from a distance. There are two teenage girls and four adults - two men and two women.

- Amuro-san, your little sister is very cute!

One of the two teenage girls - who has just spoken - gives me a big smile, then turns to me:

- Can I call you "Amuro-chan", to differentiate you from your big brother ...?

I remain silent for a while.

I'll never get used to it... But it's temporary anyway...

- O-Of course! And what should I call you ...?

She answers me, still smiling.

- Call me "Ran"!

I smile back at her.After the presentations are over, we sit down to the table and I try my best to remain discreet despite Ran's interest in me. Fortunately, Zero has explained some details to make my presence by his side coherent. So I am "officially" his little sister, Amuro Yuna, 25, who has just finished her studies and, while looking for a job, came to stay with her big brother. When the meal is finished, I help those present to clear the table and do the dishes.

- Ishiguri takes a long time...

One of the adult women looks at her watch. One of the men continues:

- It's almost three o'clock! What is he doing?

A third person takes the floor.

- We knocked on his door several times but it looks like he fell asleep after locking the door...

I turn to Zero.

- What is happening ?

- Well... Their friend -that Ishiguri-san- said that he was going to eat cake in his room, that's why he didn't eat with us. But he himself had proposed that we play in teams. So it's weird that he didn't come down yet...

A noise is heard

- What was that...?

- Didn't that come from Ishiguri-kun's room?

- Did something happen?

I squeeze Zero's arm and whisper.

- I have a bad feeling...

- Don't worry. As long as you stay near me, everything will be fine.

We follow the others to the first floor, but the door to the bedroom is locked.

- Hey, Kotone! You have a spare key, don't you?

- Precisely... I haven't found them since last night...

- It's a bit dangerous but we can always go on the veranda to access his room's window... Even if it is locked, we can still see what's inside...

While the inhabitants of the house discuss what to do next, Zero walks up to them and I let go of his arm.He must have something in mind...

- In that case, may I try unlocking the door ? I consider this sort of thing as something of a speciality.

I remain speechless.

Is he serious...?