Chapter 18

I turn to Shûichi.

- Is that your brilliant idea ...?!

He answers with an arrogant smile.

- I only said I had an idea, not that it was great...

- Stop moving, otherwise it won't be right!

- Sorry, Yukiko-nee-chan...

I sit straight, looking ahead, while Yukiko-nee-chan continues to cut my hair under the amused gaze of Shûichi.

- How can this be useful?

- Organization members will be less likely to recognize you.

- As far as I remember, I had short hair 3 years ago so that doesn't change anything since they already know my face...

- And with this?

I turn a questioning look to Yukiko-nee-chan, who takes a box from a bag. I can read 'discoloration' on the packaging.

Are you serious...?

- Besides, Scotch said you had short hair when you were little.

I turn suddenly to Shûichi.

- How do you know that ?!

- One day when I was on a mission with him, we ran into my little sister ...

Shûichi has a little sister?

- After seeing her he told me that she looked like his own sister. He then added that you had short hair when you were very young and that he would have liked to see you again one day...

I want to cry...

Hiro-nii-chan had been looking for me for so long, only to die a few minutes after finding me ...

- And you think Bourbon knows that too? Even according to your theory, they were just colleagues ...

- If he told me although we weren't that close, Bourbon certainly knew it too: they were together almost all the time.

I remember Bourbon's words when he realized my amnesia.

"I would be in a bad position to explain your life to you since I don't know you much ..."

Well it looks like you were best suited for that after all.

○○○

- Do you recognize anything?

I observe the surroundings through the window of the car.

- Hmm... I don't really know... It was dark and I was walking aimlessly...

- Try to concentrate a little more... You're the only one who knows where he lives. We do not know if he will ever return to the café where he worked for his mission...

I just nod, my head against the glass and my eyes exploring.

So he was working in a café...

- There !

I recognize the balcony from which I jumped when I ran away. I point my finger at him.

- That's where he lives!

- Are you sure about it ?

I give Shûichi a wry look.

- Do you see another balcony in the area with a mini vegetable garden in flowerpots ...?

- ...If you say so...

The car stops right in front of the stairs leading to the apartments on the first floor.

- Good luck. If you have any problem, do not hesitate to come back... You'll always be welcome.

I answer him with a fake assured smile.

- Don't worry ! What could go wrong, I will just tell him the truth!

I exit of the car and thank him for his help before closing the door and walking up the stairs. He waits a moment before restarting. Once the car is gone, I take a deep breath.

Everything will be alright... Everything will be alright...