Chapter 17

Miika? Forget that name. From now on, you are Cider.

I suddenly wake up, panting.

Again ?

Once I catch my breath, I get up and get changed calmly before leaving my room. As I automatically walk towards the kitchen, I go thinking about recent events like every morning.

Since I've been here, Shûichi has told me everything he knows about me. He had worked with Gin for a while, so he knew me before my brother died, but we had rarely contacted each other since he left the organization. The fact that he was a spy had been discovered and he is now known to the whole organization as a formidable enemy. He had however managed to make them believe in his death with the help of another undercover agent and thanks to a little boy named Conan Edogawa ...

How could a 7 year old boy manage to deceive a global criminal organization?

This is also why Shûichi has another identity: Subaru Okiya. He now lives with Yukiko and Yusaku Kudô, distant relatives of Conan. According to Shûichi, I would have sent him a message the day I lost my memory, telling him that Gin was starting to doubt my loyalty and that I was going to need help. He therefore explained my situation to his hosts, who did not hesitate to grant me hospitality.

My sudden radio silence had also worried him according to Yukiko-san...

Once in the kitchen, I pour myself a glass of milk before sitting down at the table with Shûichi, who drinks coffee as usual.

- Sorry, I still haven't found anything more about your past

- It's okay...

I slowly sip my milk as a silence settles.

- ...You told me yesterday that Bourbon had retrieved confidential documents about Scotch... Do you remember the name he said he used?

- ... Fu... Furuya? I think ... Why?

- It's likely that it's his real name, and that he was your brother's colleague.

I almost choke on my milk. I feel my heart tighten.

- Seriously ?! ..No wonder why he hates us then...

- Indeed. But that makes him the best way to find your family ...

- ...Will he even agree to listen to us after what has happened?

- Don't worry about that, I have an idea in mind...