Chapter 26 - Alone

┌────── ⋆⋅✦⋅⋆ ──────┐

"I'm afraid of ending up alone."

└────── ⋆⋅✦⋅⋆ ──────┘

__________________________________________

Three days after the fight and with Kurumi disappearing, Ciel returned to the human world in hopes of finding her but it proved to be futile because whatever she did he couldn't feel her Spirit signature, making it clear that she didn't want to be found, it's like she doesn't exist anymore. Right now it was nighttime in Kuoh Town, time for everyone to head back home and rest from the day as the silent and empty boy was making his way to his house after another failed attempt in his search for Kurumi.

The moment he reached the house and was about to unlock the front gate, a "Meow." got his attention and he turned to where it came from, seeing a black-furred cat with emerald eyes sitting on the ground and staring at him with its tail swaying back and forth, a feeling of deja vu coming to him from the night he first arrived in Japan, in fact, it was the same cat from that night.

" got his attention and he turned to where it came from, seeing a black-furred cat with emerald eyes sitting on the ground and staring at him with its tail swaying back and forth, a feeling of deja vu coming to him from the night he first arrived ...

"Don't listen to him, kitty. He's just jealous because you're getting attention and not him."

The more he stared at the cat the more it was bringing Kurumi to his mind and so, he unlocked the front gate, entered, and before closing it, he glanced at where the cat was. To his confusion but still, his facial expression remained stoic since he figured it had already left, the cat was still sitting on the same spot and staring at him with its shiny emerald eyes that appeared to glow in the moonlight, not even blinking once.

After entering the house and locking the front door, Ciel placed his black leather jacket on the hanger, took off his sneakers to leave them in the doorway, and placed the keys on the key holder, not even bothering to turn the lights on and as the boy was about to go upstairs into his room, he stopped at the beginning of the stairs, placing a hand on the handrail and gazed at the silent and dark house with a dull red eye.