Chapter 17 - Oyako Day

┌──────  ⋆⋅✦⋅⋆  ──────┐

"You can't keep running forever."

└──────  ⋆⋅✦⋅⋆  ──────┘

__________________________________________

[6 Years Earlier]

The ticking sound of a clock was heard all over the darkened living room of a two-story single-family house. On the couch was a 12-year-old boy with dark ash-colored hair, wearing grey pajama shorts and a red t-shirt with grey sleeves that said Sleep Addict on the front. As he slightly moved in his sleep, the front door was unlocked and from outside, entered a woman that looked to be in her late 20s with dark ash-colored hair that reached down her waist, purple eyes, and fair skin. Her attire consists of a red wine-colored blazer, a white turtleneck sweater that was tucked inside her dark brown trousers, matching knee-high leather boots and for accessories, she had earrings and a necklace. She closed the door and locked it while talking on the phone.

 She closed the door and locked it while talking on the phone

Yukari Amagi

"Yukiko. Yukiko, listen to me." Yukari stopped for a moment to place her blazer on the hanger and take off her boots, leaving them in the doorway, and continued her talk with her sister about the proposition that she and her sister were going to present to the board of directors and CEO of the company they worked at with the objective of winning clients and profits for the company. "We need those schematics....We need those schematics for Friday, okay?" Yukari breathed out in tiredness and rubbed her forehead, glancing at the sleeping Ciel. "I'm just a bit on edge, that's all....I just hope it goes well. If you can pass by tomorrow morning and we'll discuss the rest." She turned on the lamp that was on the side table to the right of the couch, causing Ciel to move and wake up from the sudden light. "Alright, goodnight."

Ciel yawned and rubbed the sleep from his purple eyes, looking up to Yukari with a big smile. "Hey." Yukari placed the cell phone and car keys on the coffee table and motioned for Ciel to scoot to let her sit. "Fun day at work, huh?" Ciel asked in a playful manner, scooting to the side and Yukari sat on the couch, looking at her son before rubbing her eyes and resting her head on her right hand, sinking on the couch. "What are you still doing up? It's late." Yukari asked in a tired voice with her eyes closed.