Chapter 18 - A Nightmare in White

I remembered black skies
The lightning all around me
I remembered each flash
As time began to blur
Like a startling sign
That fate had finally found me
And your voice was all I heard
That I get what I deserve

Leaning his back on one of the supports of the torii while listening to New Divide and staring at the very grey, cloudy sky, Ciel in his gothic clothes was waiting for Akeno in front of a shrine as she wanted to talk with him in private in a shrine that she's taking care of. To say Kurumi wasn't too keen on letting Ciel go alone was putting it lightly since Akeno had a tendency to flirt with him but he reassured her that it was only a talk and also said that she was the one and only for him, although he seemed confused and curious as to why Akeno wanted to speak with him alone and why she sounded so serious and dejected at the phone. 

So give me reason
To prove me wrong
To wash this memory clean
Let the floods cross
The distance in your eyes
Give me reason
To fill this hole
Connect this space between
Let it be enough to reach the truth that lies

"Across this new divide." Glancing to the entrance of the shrine after singing the lyric, Ciel saw Akeno in her traditional miko attire and nod for him to enter. Turning off the music and taking the earphones from his ears, Ciel moved from the support and made his way to the entrance. "You know, when you said you wanted to talk in a shrine, I thought it was a joke." Akeno giggled at the irony of a devil living on a shrine as Ciel left his boots at the entrance and followed Akeno to a more comfortable room, the two sat on their knees at the table as Akeno grabbed the kettle and filled the cups with warm tea. "Thank you." Ciel thanked in a polite tone and took a sip of the tea, humming in delight at the taste. "So, what did you want to talk about?"

"There's no point to go round in circles so I'll get straight to the point. What are your thoughts on the fallen angels?" Blinking at how serious she sounded with the question, Ciel looked at the tea in his cup in silence before setting it on the table and placing a hand on his chest as flashes from the night when he was on the brink of death passed in his mind. "I hate them." Ciel said with venom in his voice and Akeno looked down. "But, are you asking me if I hate you because of what that whatever-his-name-was fallen angel said about you being the daughter of one?"

Akeno lifted her head and faced Ciel in surprise. "You...heard that." The black-haired male nodded in confirmation for managing to pick that part when he and Kurumi arrived at the fight. "I guess there's no need to hide it from you now." Akeno had her eyes covered by her hair, proceeding to tell her story as Ciel silently listened. "My birth was the result of the union between Baraqiel, a leader of the Fallen Angels, and Shuri Himejima, a human. My mother was a shrine priestess and one day, she found Baraqiel, wounded, and helped him." She then got up from her seated position and turned her back to Ciel, moving her haori to expose her back and show him the thing that she tried so hard to get rid off.

" She then got up from her seated position and turned her back to Ciel, moving her haori to expose her back and show him the thing that she tried so hard to get rid off