Chapter 3 - Date

Sitting on a chair on the back porch of a house, a 10-year-old boy with purple eyes and dark ash hair was practicing with his guitar, trying to learn new lyrics and tunes that could fit well with the song he had in mind.

"If I were..., no that doesn't sound right. If I ever was..., no, no. Ah, it's so hard!" The boy said frustrated, crossing the lyrics in the notebook on the small table next to him. "Alright, breathe Ciel, just breathe." As he was gonna try again a voice called him.

"Ciel, lunch's ready."

"Coming, mom!" Ciel responded, settling down the guitar and getting off the chair. He fixed his grey shirt and matching shorts before entering the house. After fixing himself, he made his way to the dinner table, only to see no one there.

"Mom?" The young Ciel called but got no answer.

"Boo!"

"Woah!" Ciel jumped from the sudden scare. He then looked behind him to see a woman with long dark ash hair that reached her waist and purple eyes. She had a hand covering her mouth to stop the laugh. "Haha, oh I got you real good." She said, wiping a tear.

Puffing his cheeks, Ciel looked at his mother with an unamused look. "It's not funny!" He crossed his arms and looked away.

"Ahh, is my little musician upset with his mom?" Yukari said with an amused voice. Ciel glanced at his mother before looking away again with a huff.

"Ciel, look at me." Seeing that her son wouldn't budge, Yukari formed a mischievous smile. "Ciel, I'm gonna count to three, if you don't look at me after I finish, I'm gonna do that."

For a moment, Ciel shook but still held his ground. "I'm not looking."

"One." Yukari started counting.

"Two."

"No matter what you do, I won't look at you!" Ciel said, with a confident smirk on his lips.

Yukari's eyebrow twitched, hearing Ciel's confident tone. "Fine, you asked for it. Three!" Yukari rapidly faced Ciel and started tickling him to no end.

Ciel couldn't handle it and started laughing. "S-Stop! S-S-Stop it! I-I can't breathe!" Yukari had a winning face, continuing to tickle Ciel. "See, I told you I would do it! Now, what do you say?"

Seeing no way out, Ciel gave in. "I-I give u-up." Yukari then stopped, standing up. "My cheeks hurt from laughing." Ciel rubbed his sore cheeks. "Then I can do this." Yukari then grabbed her son's cheeks and pulled them. "Swoop it." He said, making her stop. Ciel then looked at his mother.

"What's wrong?" Yukari asked. Suddenly, Ciel wrapped his arms around her, burying his face in her shirt. "You're the best mom in the world. It doesn't matter if you're not always at home because of your work. I love you a thousand times and more." Yukari then widened her eyes and a look of happiness formed on her face. She then wrapped her arms around her son, hugging him tightly. "Oh Ciel, I love you a thousand times and more too." She said, kissing his forehead. They both let go of each other and Yukari turned her back and started walking.

"But I'm not here anymore..." Yukari said in a voice empty of emotion.

"W-what?" Ciel said, with a scared look. "What d-do you mean, mom?"

After he said that, everything around Ciel turned to darkness including his mother, leaving him in a void. "Mom? Mom, where are you!?" He shouted, running in a random direction.

*Ring*Ring*Ring*Ring*

Hearing what looked like a phone ringing, Ciel stopped running. He then saw a table with a phone that was ringing. Slowly walking to the phone, Ciel grabbed it with a shaking hand and accepted the call. "H-Hello?"