Chapter 11 - Nightmare vs Phoenix

"Now of course, if there is proof of a relationship between the charges and the actions..."

Sitting at his desk with his chin resting on his left palm, Ciel stared at the outside through the window of the classroom, bored out of his mind while Mr. Sato the teacher from Social Studies wrote on the chalkboard, going on with the lesson. Being the last of the day, the black-haired teen just wanted the class to end so that he could go to the theater to watch a movie that his beautiful girlfriend wanted to see, and being the dedicated boyfriend he is, he instantly bought the tickets.

'I swear, I'm gonna die here.' Ciel yawned and cleaned the tears that formed on the corners of his eyes, feeling he could die at any moment from boredom, but just like every high schooler, he had to go through with it. It would be pretty interesting though, just look at it: 'High schooler who turned out to be a killer, died from boring class'. His bored state was soon interrupted when his phone vibrated in the right pocket of his pants. Turning his head from the window to see that the teacher was still writing on the chalkboard, he took out his Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 smartphone to see he had an SMS from Kurumi. Rolling his eyes at the back of her head with a smile, he replied to it.

╭────────────────────────╮

💗Kurumi 💗

Ci-chan, you alive?

Yeah, barely though...😪

💗Kurumi 💗

Just endure it, cutie.😘 It's almost time for the bell to ring.

I'm dead by the time it rings!

💗Kurumi 💗

You're such a dramatic person. Did you manage to buy the tickets for the movie?

Oh shoot! I completely forgot!!😱

💗Kurumi 💗

...Amagi...

Hehe, got you! 😜

I have them safe and sound in my bag.

💗Kurumi 💗

Mou!! Ci-chan!!😣

╰────────────────────────╯

"...then even the infamous Nightmare Killers will be publicly prosecuted." Mr. Sato finished writing the rules and explanation and turned to look at the students, but seeing a certain 18-year-old boy with an eyepatch looking down beneath his desk made the left corner of his mouth twitch in annoyance. "Oi, Amagi!"

Caught on the act, Ciel pocketed the phone and lifted his head to look at the sensei who was emitting a furious murdering intent. "What were you looking at just now?" Feeling over blood pressure that caused a vein to pop on his head, Mr. Sato readied his right arm and threw the chalk at Ciel with tremendous force. "Is that how you act in class!"

Ciel leaned to the left and the chalk passed inches away from his right ear, disintegrating when it hit the cleaning locker, also causing the student sitting behind Ciel to wake up and lift his head in a panic.