Chapter 25 - Loss

┌────── ⋆⋅✦⋅⋆ ──────┐

"What do you know about loss?"

└────── ⋆⋅✦⋅⋆ ──────┘

__________________________________________

On the outskirts of the village known as Laif, a home created by the survivors of the Great War so they could escape from all the trauma and try to live a peaceful life, close to the path that leads to the place where it only awaits death to those who enter in it, a young tan skinned girl with neck length yellow-green hair and sparkling blue eyes, wearing a blue tunic with a matching braccae and sandals placed her hand in front of her face to shield her eyes from the sun when she glanced at the sky.

As she felt the heat against the skin of her palm, the girl closed her eyes and took her hand from her face, humming in delight and ease at the warmth on her face, enjoying the moment of peace as if everything else had disappeared.

"Safie!" Hearing her name being called, the girl known as Safie turned to where the voice came from and opened her eyes, her blue orbs gazing at a white-skinned boy with black, shaggy hair with a white streak on the right side that was clumsily hanging over his friendly face and gentle violet eyes, wearing an outfit consisting of a hand-sewn pale blue short-sleeved shirt with a V-shaped cut on the chest which was tied with a light brown cord along with trousers and hand-sewn leather shoes. As the boy was waving his hand at her for her to join the rest of the group, Safie glanced at the sun to enjoy the warmth one last time before starting to run and join her friends.

"Layfen, Caedric and Kal for sure are going to ground us once they find out we've skipped class." Nyer, the boy that waved at Safie as the yellow-green-haired girl now joined the group pointed out since this wasn't the first time they had sneaked out from the village's school. With that on their minds, instead of returning to the school as they should, the group of four started climbing the giant tree, and reaching halfway, they settled on branches to take their early break from their studies at the shade of the leaves.