Chapter 7 - Would you die for us?

"So Ku-chan, how many are at the church?" Currently, in an open area surrounded by trees of a forest away from Kuoh Town, Ciel was practicing sword combat with a clone of himself as the two were discussing their plan to attack the church. "From what my clones gathered, there are a few dozen rogue priests working with that Fallen Angel and three more." Kurumi who was sitting on the ground against a tree was cleaning her weapons with a cloth.

"Think our little devil friends will appear?" The clone of Ciel ran at him and the two clashed. Ciel swingel left and the clone parried it and leaned back from the second swing. However, the clone was caught off guard when Ciel did a horizontal slash that broke his sword. When the clone realized, the original Ciel was already behind him with his blade inches away from his neck.

 When the clone realized, the original Ciel was already behind him with his blade inches away from his neck

"Not bad Ciel, not bad at all." The clone Ciel said with a smirk and the original took the sword from his neck and stood in front of him. "Same to you Ciel." The original spun the sword and threw it in the air, causing it to turn into crimson particles. "Next time I'll win!" Ciel chuckled at the clone's motivation. "Looking forward to it." High-fiving each other, the clone sank into its shadow.

Checking the sights from the musket, Kurumi grabbed the water bottle next to her and threw it at Ciel. "To answer your question, it's possible since the town's her territory." Ciel was dumbfounded at this. Rias Gremory controls Kuoh Town?! The hell? "If she controls the town, then she's doing a poor job at it." Opening the bottle, he took two swings from the water and closed it. "How did it become her territory anyway?"

"Her family." Kurumi revealed, finished cleaning her musket as it turned into particles, and started cleaning her pistol "The Gremory family is one of the most famous devils in the Underworld, and as you know they use their powers and influence to get what they want." Now with her pistol cleaned, she grabbed Ciel's leather jacket and handed it to him. "I'm surprised how Sona lets her get away with this since she also controls the town."

"Sona? As in Souna Shitori from the Student Council Room?" Ciel was impressed at how Sona at least hid her identity. "Yep, Sona Sitri from another devil family." Ciel helped Kurumi lift herself from the ground and fixed his jacket. "So, how are we gonna do this?"

"We'll strike at night and there's no point in sneaking. Since Raynare wants Zafkiel so much then we'll give it to her and this will be a chance to use your new technique." Kurumi tapped his chest, now that they have their approach settled and the two started making their way through the forest. "Something on your mind?" She asked, glancing at Ciel who was in thought. "Yeah, Asia." Ever since they left Asia, Ciel couldn't stop thinking about how a nun like her was working with a fallen angel and stray priest. "She must have something that Raynare wants."

"Probably a Sacred Gear." While the two were walking in the forest, Ciel grabbed a branch that was in the way and let Kurumi go first then himself. "Raynare must think that whatever Asia has will give her a chance against me."

"Literally, it's the world against you." Ciel remarked that everything they faced wanted to have something from Kurumi herself. "You said it. But I'm not worried. I have someone to help me fight against it." Kurumi flashed him a smile, making him rub the back of his head with a sheepish grin. "Hehe."