Interviews, Remaining Districts

"Let's greet our next tribute, Miss Laurel Faust! You put on quite a show during your Reaping."

"Thank you! I'm out to do murders!"

"A bold statement! Who is first on your list?"

"My dad! He's the one who reaped me because he wanted me to die in the Games, but joke's on him because I'm f*cking invincible!"

"Sounds like a declaration of war, yes? Tell me more."

"Oh, gladly! So it all started...when I was born..."

"Yes?"

"...And that's the whole story! I'm ready to prove I wasn't born wrong."

"I believe in you, Laurel! Do your best murders out there!"

"My best murder will be of Nate, but thanks for your support!"

~*~

"Mr. Levi DeWitt! Lucifer DeWitt is your brother, yes?"

"..."

"Ah, a man of few words, I see. Can you use sign language?"

"..." 'I only know a few signs.'

"Fascinating. What are your plans for the Games?"

'Murder.'

"Haha, I wish I knew what that means!"

~*~

"So, Fuyuko. Tell me about the woman you were with before going to the stage during your Reaping."

"Oh, that...th-that was...m-my Mama. She's--i-it's just her an' me. A-and she needs me, so I...I gotta get home to 'er."

"You must love her very much."

"Y-yeah. Mama is...she's the most important thing in the world to me. She...she's got the most beautiful smile, she don't smile much anymore but when she did, it could take your breath away. And she's so kind, a-and...a-and..."

"...Hold on to that smile, my friend. Let it guide you home. When we lose our memories of family, we risk losing ourselves with them."

"...Y-yeah. You...you're right. If I just keep thinkin' about Mama's smile...I-I can make it."

"I'll be rooting for you, Fuyuko."

~*~

"Who were those kids who called out for you when you volunteered?"

"Those were mine. My younger brother Nao is who I volunteered for. The girl was my baby sister Rio."

"They must love you very much."

"It's mutual. I'd do anything for those kids. And they know it."

"I hope you can see them again soon, friend. Stay strong out there."

"Can do, buddy."

~*~

"So then, Marco. How do you feel about your brother following you into these Games?"

"Ah, it's...good! I-it's good. Piero makes me feel safe."

"You seem hesitant. Do you have a difficult relationship?"

"N-no, it's nothing like that. Piero and I have always been very close."

"But?"

"...But...h-he's just...always there. Always a...a-a record to beat. A shadow over me. I-I mean, mostly everything is fine, but sometimes...sometimes I wonder what I could do if I were here alone. What...what I can accomplish with my own strength."