Train Rides, Districts 7 + 10

District 7

Kikue sought out Xhevona as soon as everyone was loaded onto the train. She needed to know how to successfully protect Touma and avoid dying before the training started.

Thankfully, Xhevona had gone right to the nearest seat and settled back down to file her nails. Kikue urged Touma to explore the train, sadly accompanied by their jerk of an Escort, before sitting next to Xhevona.

"I'd like to know how to succeed in the Games," she said.

Xhevona only looked at her long enough to offer a thin smile. "Kill everyone else before they kill you."

"...Okay," Kikue said slowly. "What is the most effective way to do that?"

Xhevona filed at her middle nail. "Avoid being murdered and murder them first."

"...Should I form an alliance?"

"Yes."

"Oh, wonder--"

"Then immediately kill them."

"..."

Kikue was starting to understand why District 7 only had one Mentor.

District 10

Evan ran through the entire train six times before finally settling down in the car where Georgia and Wallace were trying to have adult conversation.

"What's up, besties?" Evan greeted. "Hey, so I'm totally gonna join the Careers, what's the raddest weapon I can use?"

"A brain," Georgia replied immediately, hoping Evan would take the hint and think for two seconds.

"...You mean, like...break someone's skull and use their brain as a weapon?" Of course it didn't work. "That sounds gross. And ineffective. Wally, my man! What's your advice?"

"My advice is don't piss me off enough that I kill you before the Games even start," Wallace said gruffly.

Evan laughed. "You're funny. That's funny. I didn't know you could tell jokes!"

"I wasn't joking."

"Please go entertain yourself with the other tribute," Georgia sighed.

"I have literally no idea where she is," Evan admitted.

Machiko waved her arms from a corner of the exact same car he was in. Literally no one noticed her.

"How about you just learn how to use every weapon?" Wallace finally suggested. "Practice with everything or whatever. Gives you more to bargain with."

Evan beamed. "You're a genius! I'll become the best jack of all trades the Games have ever seen!" he cheered, jumping up from the table. "First, gotta go do an arbitrary amount of pushups to build strength, gimme a number!"

"Bleventy-sif," Wallace blurted.

"One-hundred-thirty-two," Georgia added.

"Good number, Georgia!" Waving, Evan took off to go do some pushups for literally no good reason.

Georgia stared at Wallace for a moment. "...You know, that wasn't bad advice."

"I figured if I gave him something he'd go away," Wallace muttered.

"Why didn't I think of that?" Georgia mumbled.

Machiko nodded to herself in her corner. Why didn't Georgia think of that?