-23-

Three months ago Louis had a plan.

A very stupid plan but a plan indeed.

His grades were slipping and he didn't sleep much. His father was a heavy drug user at this point, gambling their rent money away, he'd tell for Louis to lock his door, Eli would hold him while he cried himself to sleep, listening to his fathers painful groans as he was beaten within an inch of his life.

"I want out," Louis would plead countless nights for Eli to take him away.

Finally he agreed.

Louis was excited but uneasy.

He decided to save the celebration until he was actually out.

Today was the day, that's what Elias had told him anyway.

He was terrified but still packed his bag with trebling fingers, imagine his surprise when he actually managed to get out...just not in the way he was expecting.

He kicked his duffel bag under his bed to try and appear more inconspicuous but he was an awkward omega with gangly skinny legs and zero poker face due the simple fact of his ignorance and innocence.

It'll be a fucked up day when Louis realizes that Harry does the same drugs his dad does.

Elias had promised, and up until this very day Elias had never dreamt of breaking a promise to Louis.

<<<>>>

-I've asked around and payed a visit to the old man, he's in bad shape, a nervous wreck.-

Is the text Harry receives from Niall moments before leading Louis to the dining hall.

Honestly Harry doesn't think they'd spent this much time out of his room but Louis hasn't left his side since he got shot.

-And? What did you hear?-

Is Harry's reply as he begins dishing a plate for Louis before dishing one up for himself, he passes Louis his plate as his phone vibrates on the counter.

-Says Elias was his righthand, he lost all connections with him the day before Louis was picked up. No one has seen or heard from him since-

Louis was munching unceremoniously and he stole a glance in Harry's direction, he's had his face in his phone with his brows furrowed all morning, it's not that Louis was particularly interested in what Harry was doing on his phone anyway but with the recent events and Harry's questionable curiosity, Louis was a bit out of it, in his own head trying to put the pieces together.

Eli, just thinking of his name made Louis' heart clench.

Louis was set to go into heat within the next few weeks and Harry had made him a promise that he wouldn't come out of it unmated.

The thought suddenly made Louis sick.

He pushed his plate away which didn't go unnoticed by Harry but he wasn't the first to speak on it.

"What's wrong with it you don't like it?" Niall asked sheepishly with a small frown.

"Oh no it's good, I'm just not feeling up to it, I think I'm gonna go lay down for a bit." Louis attempts to stand from the table when Harry speaks.

"You've barely touched your food? Surely you can tolerate a few more bites, and I was expecting your company in my office after you were finished." Louis bit his lip, sighing under the scrutiny. Picking up his fork, he shovels some food into his mouth quickly before he attempted to leave once again.