-19-

Louis' heart is hammering in his head, he can't hear a thing beyond what Zayn told him back at the Paintball joint.

His throat is constricted as he tries to swallow down his tears.

"Is he okay" he feels his mouth form the words but he can't hear himself saying them.

He doesn't catch Zayn's response, shutting it out in case it's not what he wants to hear.

Of course he's okay, he has to be okay.

Louis flings himself from the car the moment it stops, feet sinking into the gravel with each dreadful step closer to his wounded lover.

His chest is on fire and every breath he takes makes his lungs feel like glass shards slicing their way in.

His nose is red and he sweats nervously as he opens the door before Zayn could stop him.

It's quiet, not the way Louis thought it would be at the thought of the Don being shot.

"Oh Louis, You're back! How was your date?" Niall asked taking a bite out of a sandwich, while sporting a black eye.

"Where is Harry?" Louis' voice was shaky and his eyes were watery.

"Upstairs" Niall points as his words are muffled by the food in his mouth.

Louis would've had a look of disgust plastered on his face if it wasn't for desperation to see Harry.

He zipped up the steps nearly too quickly, almost tripping but he caught himself and approached their room.

He threw the door open with such force it ricochet against the wall with a noisy thud.

Louis' lip wobbled as he stepped into the room closing the door behind him.

"Amor" Harry said dropping his phone on the bed next to him and ushering Louis over his right hand, left shoulder bandaged with pinkish stains where his wound is.

Louis' mouth opens but nothing comes out and his feet are moving on their own.

He's at Harry's side at record speed, ghosting a hand over his shoulder.

"Come here" Harry says patting his lap grabbing Louis' hand again to help him up.

Tears are running down Louis' face and he doesn't notice until the salty liquid reaches his lips.

"Baby-" A stinging slap is sent to Harry's face, sending his face to the side.

Louis' hands shoot up to his face and he holds his cheeks as he sobs.

Harry's body radiates heat, anger is the initial reaction it then its morphed into sorrow as he watches Louis' blue eyes blur with streams of tears.

"How could you be so stupid." This offends Harry, stupid? Did Louis not think he could handle himself? Did he truly believe that Harry couldn't keep him safe? He wanted to protect Louis, he wanted revenge.

"I thought you were going to die." Louis small, sad voice quiets his thoughts as he pulls the small boys hands from his face to replace them with his own and press a meaningful kiss to his perfect lips.

"You wish you could get rid of me that easily." Harry scoots, his eyes glimmer in amusement and Louis just now notices the morphine drip attached to him.