Drama in the studio

"Tikki, spots off" she whispers, and her costume disappears leaving her in her civilian outfit. I take off my mask and grab her closer by the hip.

Her lips part slightly, and her big doll eyes dart between my lips and eyes.

I gently graze her hair back, let my fingers linger slightly behind her ear and I wet my lips.

" Angel, i-i"

"CUT!"

I push marinette away and glare at the director.

" What now?" I yell.

" It was going good until you did that weird thing with your face".

" What weird thing with my face" I could feel my temper rising.

" You know" Mark scrunches his face in disgust, mimicking me. " Like this".

" Well it's not my fault you got me the worst co star" I glance over to marinette, whose talking to her manager, Alya.

She noticed I said her name and stormed over to me.

" Really?" She scoffs and rolls her eyes. " You really think I want to be kissing a toad?"

"You think I want to be kissing a dwarf?"

" WHAT'S WRONG WITH DWARFS???"

"NOTHING, BESIDES YOU'RE ONE, SHORTY!"

"ENOUGH!" Mark yells over us and the room is stunned into a silence. Nobody has ever seen him so mad.

" This play is supposed to be about a Romance between this superhero and vigilante, that can't be together due to their teams rivalry. It doesn't show a bunch of 5 year olds who can't act their age.You can't fake love, it's not something that can just be put in for show. You have passion for your work, hobbies, friends and families. Yet, when I hired you two, I got told you two were dating. What happened? Actually, nevermind. I don't want to know. Just fix your act, or you're both fired".

Marinette huffs and walks back over to alya and I turn to Jason.

" She's unbelievable" I scowl at her from across the room.

" Well, your the one who broke up with her". I looked at him incredulously.

" Yeah, well it's not my fault she's keeping secrets from me. I mean, common, I thought we trusted each other enough to not lie". Jason only shrugged and went to find a donut- which had become his favourite snack on set, and probably the only reason he comes.

" OKAY," Mark yells, "from the top, and... ACTION!"

"Angel, i-i love you" I bend my head lower so my face was inches from hers. Her hot breath fans over my face and I smell the sweet cinnamon roll she had earlier.

I lick my lips once again, and I feel a desperate longing to kiss her once again.

I still love her.

Her eyelids flutter and I close mine. Our lips graze until it becomes more heated.

This desperation suddenly engulfs me and I can't get enough.

She tugs at my hair, and I moan. I lift her up, and she wraps her legs around me as I steady her under my arm whilst I use my other arm to grip her waist.

"Cut! Brilliant guys, this is  what I'm wanting!" I gently place Marinette down, almost forgetting I should hate her.

I step away and cough to cover up my embarrassment.

"Marinette?" I hold my breath.

"... Yeah?" She hesitates.

" We need to talk, follow me" and she does. I lead her into my changing room, making sure to shut the door behind her.

" I-i love you, and no matter how much I try to hate you, I can't. You're the reason I get up in the morning to see your face, and sleep at night to dream of you. But this won't work unless you tell me why you've been so distant lately".

" D-damien. I-i couldn't bring my self to tell you, I was so scared you would leave me or my career would be ruined but... I'm pregnant".

My jaw drops.

" And.. I didn't know if I should keep it. I mean, I just landed this role, and now is not a good time to be pregnant and I knew if I was around you I would want to tell you. But we're not even married or anything and having a baby is a big commitment. But I knew if I didn't tell you, I would never forgive myself.
I also don't think I'm capable of abortion".

I nod, trying to process this information, and I see the look on her face and I bring her into a hug

" I love you no matter what you want to do, and if you do want to keep it, I'm not going anywhere".

" Promise?"

"Promise" I kiss her forehead and we stand for a while, embracing each other.

"I want to keep it" my heart flutters.

"I'm going to be a dad.." I smile.