𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑟𝑡𝑦-𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑒 | 𝑊ℎ𝑦 ℎ𝑖𝑚?

I know I hate long chapters too, but unfortunately, it has become a longer one :)

AURORA
Wednesday, 24th November
~ Heal by Tom Odell

"Aurora darling, please get me the veggies." My mom handed me a list of all the veggies for the turkey.

I nodded and walked to the vegetable section while my mom got the turkey herself. Thanksgiving is today, but the problem is that we're started today. That means standing in the kitchen all day, although there will be thousands of leftovers later anyway.

But we just couldn't start earlier because my mother had to work. She is the only one that can cook, like me, although I've been able to do it all to some extent from my mother, but Max is just a kid, and he doesn't want to help us in the kitchen either. Ugly rat.

The good thing though is that Quinn and Dylan come with their entire families, so many people bring something, which means less cooking. I mean coming through both of Dylan's parents.

I took a little look at the list, where garlic is on it. It's easy to find, so I kept going.

By the time I finally had all the stuff, I walked from the vegetable section to the butcher shop, where I'm sure my mom is still looking for the perfect turkey.

It often takes her hours to make everyone happy, and make every perfection, even when it comes to the simple flesh of a bird. Slightly disgusted right?

I was walking to my mom, I look at the cooling compartments that were on my way. Where I saw Ares. What is he doing here? Doesn't he have to shop for his mother or with his mother? I mean, is it thanksgiving or is he just not celebrating?

If I came home with frozen pizza for Thanksgiving, my mom would literally send me to my grave.

"It seems you have a lot to do tonight." I don't know if that was really smart to talk to him, but who cares, right?

"But it looks critical to you." He replied to my statement. "This looks healthier."

"A turkey full of fat, then the small pizza doesn't matter to me." I opened my mouth to say something against Ares again, but my mother's voice rang out.

"Hi, I'm Monica." And she actually extends her hand to Ares, which he accepted and shook.

"Ares nice to meet you, Ms. Mitchell." he introduces himself as if we were best friends. My mother has no clue we hate each other.

My mother smiled at me, but I know that in her mind, just a hint, thinks that maybe Ares could be more.

"Please call me Monica." They let go of their hands again as Ares wrapped one hand around his pizza. "A pizza? That doesn't look like delicious for a Thanksgiving meal."