𝑡𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦-𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑒 | 𝐻𝑎𝑠 ℎ𝑒 𝑟𝑒𝑙𝑎𝑝𝑠𝑒𝑑?

Start from the beginning

I kept walking outside. "They idiots took my car." I turned around to go inside again. Maybe this is a misunderstanding. But when I saw the person with the black mask I saw few persona next to him.

"Aurora, I thought you hated running? You were pretty fast." came the voice of the stranger behind the black mask. 

I took a step back until I bumped into someone from behind. I turned my head to the side and saw Dylan pulling me behind him. "What do you want and where is my fucking car?" Ares came up to us while Dylan silently mouthed me to stay behind him.

I nodded and looked at the group with the masks. A stranger in the red mask took off his hood and then the mask.

I don't know him. He's probably from a different school. But what is he doing here? "We don't know, but we haven't seen each other for a while either." "Not that long, Riley. I think the last time was when I win the game." Ares laughed provocatively at the guy named Riley.

He wasn't happy about how Ares made fun of him. Even less did one of the guys, which wear a white mask. He marches forward to charge with a bat, maybe the same with one of them chasing me with. He got stopped by Riley by grabbing his shoulder.

"So you want to come here to do something? It was just a game." Some people take some things way too seriously. If that's true, and they really are from the school we won against last time, then it's just ridiculous and embarrassing.

"Aurora, I've heard a lot about you. Nothing good, but a lot." Riley looked at me. He looked me up and down. Did I have to dress like this on Halloween? I hardly have something on? Narrowly uncomfortable, I pulled the fabric over my breasts, to better cover them up.

"You don't know who I am. But you know someone I know." I raised an eyebrow and moved a little closer to Riley, where Dylan stopped me by grabbing my arm, so I didn't get too close.

*
The stranger in the black mask who was chasing me grabbed the end of the mask and pulled it off. Hate, contempt, speechlessness, but also sadness came up in me at the same time. "As you can see, you still manage to wrap boys around your pretty fingers, amor." 

"Don't call me that." I looked at Ben angrily. "You used to like it." "Because I didn't know what you did." He gave me an angry look, although I'm the one who must and should be angry.

He has no right to accuse me for anything, neither with Dylan nor with Ares. He made the mistakes. He chose to sleep with Ashley, not me.

"What do you want?" "Riley wanted to get some revenge, and I wanted to see you." I get sick. "I don't know what else there is to talk about. You fucked Ashley and other whores behind my back. You've shown how important I am to you." I'm getting warm, it's been a year. I was hoping I would never have to see him again. I never wanted.

"It's not that bad, I'm sure you had something with Dylan or Quinn. Let's not lie to each other." My blood boils. He really dares to assume something like that. "You even dare to say some shit like this again, you piece of shit. We're going." I was walking past Dylan on my way out when I heard a click.

Ares quickly grabbed my upper arm and pulled me to himself. I looked at Ben, who was pointing a gun at us. His facial expression was stiff and emotionless. His eyes were slightly red. The pupils widen, beads of sweat on the forehead. His friends try to stop him, but he aggressively shouts them back and keeps aiming the gun at us.

Is he back on drugs?
Has he relapsed again?
Since when and why?

I hate Ben for what he did to me, but I know these drugs are destroying him. He is aggressive and doesn't let anyone tell him anything, absolutely nothing. "Let go of me." "No," Ares replies with an angry voice.

His fingers burned into my arm. I don't know what to do, but if Ben is really on drugs, I don't know if he would shoot. "Ben, calm down." Dylan tries to calm him down, which of course doesn't work.

"Idiot, let go of me," I commanded him. "I won't let you throw yourself into a suicidal sacrifice." "I know him better than you, let go now, I won't say it again," I whispered for the third time when Ben noticed and admonished us.

This idiot doesn't make it easy for me. "Ben, stop that shit, we should leave before the cops come." Cops? They ratted out the party, so that's why nobody is here anymore. Ben turned to his friend.

I took the chance and jerked out of his grip. I was ready to do anythink to ben just to go way from him, but a car stopped me. 

I was pulled into Ares's arms, Ben was rescued by his friends when a car between us stopped quickly so the tires squeaked.

The door slams and Zeth accelerates. My head fell back, my eyes closed, and I exhaled deeply. "I've never loved you so much, as I did at that moment, Zeth." I'm so exhausted. That's it for the next few weeks with parties.

Everyone is probably angry that the party has now been dissolved, or rather destroyed. But since I escaped arrest, the next problem comes to me. I sit in the car, I'm warm and I only have a few clothes on. The dress doesn't make it better.

 I only curse Quinn in my head, but also myself. Each time, I go to the fabric that covers my breasts and pulls it back to keep it that way. My legs are bare as I am sitting, and the fabric is falling down. I love it. 

Dylan and Ares looked to the side of the windows, I was obligated to look ahead because it will be weird if I do it on one of the windows that is on the side. So I put my head back and closed my eyes again.

But then I felt something on my legs, which is why I opened them. I saw a gray coat lying on my bare legs. It covers them perfectly.

I look at Dylan, thinking it's his, as Ares whispers to me. "Let her on your legs, no one should see you like that. And don't be ashamed of your costume, you couldn't look more perfect."

My words got stuck in my throat. I would say something. Something mean, throwing the jacket back, but I don't do that. Me, who actually has her mouth wide open, is silent, and that is because of stupid superficial words from Ares.

"I should have run over the guy?" Mason broke the silence, Zeth looked at me through the rearview mirror. "He aimed the gun at you."

"It wasn't real." Ares said. "Are you sure? It didn't look like it?" Mason asks. It really didn't and I think Ares is just saying it so his friends wouldn't worry

I looked down at the jacket and played with the fabric because of the stress. All went wrong. The police. Ben. But who would have thought that my drug addict ex-boyfriend would come and not only call the police but also point a gun at me?

"Was it Ben again?" Mason scoffed at Ares, inquiring. "Riley, this bastard, he thought that he would do something with it and yes Ben." it seems he knows Ben. Ben isn't exactly unknown either, although he's never been positive towards people, has even always been badmouthed in negative ways.

"Did he take something?" Ares didn't answer Mason's question, he just glanced at me in the reflection in the window, and also at the fabric I was tugging at with stress.

"Drive Aurora home first." He said and had a cold, courageous voice, looking out the window next to him.

And as Ares wanted we stop in front of my door, I said goodbye to Zeth and Mason. Ares opened the door and got out, so I can too. While Dylan on the other side exit.

"If you do something stupid like this again and throw yourself at someone who has a gun, I'll run you over with a car." Ares hissed at me as we stood next to the car.

Now am I being flagged? "I helped us, you just stood there. I was more of a man than you at that moment."

"You weren't a man. You were suicidal and that's different. That wasn't a success because success doesn't come from suicidal actions." I hate him. "Fuck you." I took the coat and threw it at him, which he caught, and annoyed I turned around and walked home from the car.