CHAPTER 30 : Bonus Part

•••

By the time he parked his car in the garage of his mansion, it was already past 7 pm, hence, late once again. He sighed mentally but opened the car's door to get out. The dark clouds above his head felt unusual the way the weather was hot during these days. Cold wind brushed the long strands of his curly hair back, and his body shivered internally with cold.

However, not paying much attention to it, he walked towards the main gate which lead him to his heaven. His hands initially reached the doorbell to ring it and get himself amorously welcomed by you, but a certain thought crossed his mind, and he found himself taking out the spare keys of the house.

The bright lights of the living room greeted him along with the hissing sound of the pressure cooker, something which made him feel like a family man. He was used to say 'I am home' when he gets back from office, but something about everything seemed off today. A suffocating silence was engulfing the entire house inside, and he could even hear the very sound the utensils made inside the kitchen.

He walked further and finally his gaze fell on your silent figure in the open kitchen, your back facing him. Though he wanted to make a move at you, and probably take you in his arms after the hectic day, he restrained himself from doing so. He didn't even said anything. Knowing that you knew that he is home and yet you didn't turned back to even look at him, there was that stinging sensation in his heart which somehow angered him as well.

Thoughts gathered up his mind and heart while he blankly stared at your back, when suddenly, he felt something touch one of his legs. He looked down, and a slight giggle escaped his pink lips when his little ball of happiness came in his view. His tiny fingers held his leg while his big orbs sparkled the way he looked at his father. "My baby" he said, picking up his little one in his arms.

"Dad.." his baby voice mixed with so much softness unconsciously left his lips while he surrounded his small arms around his father's neck. "How was your day, hyejoon?" he asked as he pecked his temple with a smile. "It was good..I ate a lot of strawberries jungkook brought me" hyejoon gave him a big boxy smile, the one which reflected his father's.

"Oh really? Did you left some for daddy?" He asked to listen his cute voice more and talk to him after missing him the whole day. "yes I did. But only one is left.." he spoke with an adorable pout, causing taehyung to chuckle at his cuteness. However, his gaze suddenly fell on your still figure, and taking a sneak peak at you, he noticed you observing him and hyejoon with a sly smile.

With a blink of his eyes, his pair of dark brown orbs locked with your chocolatey ones, and maybe he didn't knew why his heart seemed to have thump against his chest at the strong and profound connection between you two. "Dad?"

"Huh?" his head jerked towards hyejoon, whose baby voice brought him out of his thoughts. "Do you fight with mommy?" The question left the innocent mouth of baby with such softness, that it seemed to have melted his heart. Knowing that hyejoon probably didn't knew what happened and yet he was able to predict that something was wrong, it pained him. "no, my baby..." He walked towards the couch to sit on it with his baby's head resting on his shoulder. "But you don't hug her..and she don't gives you water too..."

"B-because she is cooking and..-"

"Hyejoon" you walked in between their complicated situation, to his greatest relief, but then, takes the little boy in your arms from his clasp. "You stop playing and get to sleep, alright?"

"No! I want to play with dad!" He whined, squirming in your grip to get away wanting to spend some time with taehyung, but you held him in place with your grip tightened around him. "Don't be stubborn hyejoon. Tomorrow is school and you need to sleep-"