Chapter 6: Fears

I wake up to Four laying there looking at me. Was he just watching me sleep."Good morning hadnsome." I say. He says "good morning my love. How does your arm feel?" He cares about me a lot. It's very obvious just by seeing the way he looks at me,when he thinks I'm not looking. I lean over and give him a quick kiss on the cheek. " Better now." I say. He stands up next to the bed a looks at me. Then says " Let me see your arm." He puts my arm in a sling. " It's best if you keep your arm in this for about a week." I frown. That means I can't hug him like I want to. " But, then what about you. You wont get hugged the way I hugged you yesterday." I say. He looks at me. He looks sad. But then says "If it helps you get better faster then so be it. I can learn to live with a one arm hug for a week." He smiles after he said that. Which caused me to smile from ear to ear. I lean in to hug him. But when I lean in. He leans in a kisses me. That caught me very off guard. "What was that for?" I ask him. "Your just beautiful. Come on we better get changed and head down to the training room." He tells me. I smile and say "Whatever you say boyfriend." He smiles then goes to the bathroom to get ready.

+++

Once we are dressed we head to the training room with our fingers laced with each other's. When we get there, Christina comes running up to us. "What happened to you? And is this?May I add" She asks me. Christina has a huge grin on her face when she see's Four holding my hand. " Well Chris I fractured my arm yesterday. Also this is Four, my boyfriend. I've known him for about 5 years now." Is what I tell her. "Awe. Wait where did you stay last night?" She asks me. "She stayed with me last night. I can provide her with better care and safety, than anywhere in Dauntless." Four tells her. Christina looks at us with her eyebrows raised. I know what she's thinking. "The only thing we did was talk and kiss 3 times. Nothing like your thinking Chris." Four looks and me and then over to Christina. "What were you thinking that we did?" He asks her. "Oh nothing. It's just something people do when they love each other very much." She tells him. By this time I'm blushing horribly. "Okay,it's time to start training" Four shouts over everyone.

+++

"First we are going to start off with different types of punching" Four says. Then he begins to demonstrate the different types. When he is done showing everyone. He says " Alright, now I want you guys to practice them on the punching bags for a half hour. Then after that Lauren is going to pair you guys into groups of 2. You will practice these punches on each other.But not directly hitting them." Then he walks over to me grabs my hand." Lauren you got this for about an hour right?" He asks her. She nods and then he leads me, to a room. "Four what are we doing here? Your supposed to help train them." I say. He looks at me and smiles. He walks towards a computer. I'm very curious so I follow. He has the simulation serum in his hands. "Four will you please tell me whats going on?" I ask him."We are taking a trip into my fear landscape. Try to figure out what my real name is." He tells me. We sit in the chair him first, then I sit between his legs. He injects me with the serum first and then himself. The next thing I know we are 420 feet off the ground. Four is shaking. I say " It's not real we can just jump okay. On the count of 3." I grab a hold of his hand. "1..2..3.. then we jumped. Next we are in a box. "Fear of confinement." he tells me. I Move my body around so there is more room for him. I'm laying on his knee. His breathing is getting heavier by the second. I take his hand and place it on my heart. " Four, feel my heart beating. Just focus on that okay. Just focus on me and my heart beats." I tell him. He calms down and we move to the next fear. The third fear is killing the innocent. "Every time I come in here, I hope that it's different." He says as he picks up the gun. "I have to kill her every time I come in here." He says as the bullet clicks into place. Next thing I know the gun goes off and he looks at me with tears in his eyes. I go over to him and give him a kiss on the cheek. Then I lead him into the final fear. " This is where you will find out my real name." He says as his father Marcus comes into the room with a belt wrapped around his knuckles. " Tobias, this is for your own good." Says Marcus and he pulls his arm back to hit Tobias. But before he can I jump in front of him and put my arms up to block my face. We open our eyes from the simulation.